Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Do You Think If I Make A 4.0 In A Semester In College, Is Good Enough To Reward Myself With A Macbook Pro?

Netbooks Discussion

Do You Think If I Make A 4.0 In A Semester In College, Is Good Enough To Reward Myself With A Macbook Pro?

Postby Girvyn » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:16 am

Reward yourself by throwing double the $$ down the drain for the same hardware you can get in a Windows 7 laptop? Lol
Girvyn

Postby Orman » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:40 am

I admire you. GO FOR IT!

Edit: I used to do research for netbooks, notebooks, and ultrabooks and I must say that Lenovo is a good brand, and so is Asus! :)
Orman

Postby Kaemon » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:18 pm

CONGRATS on your 4.0!!!!

It also kind of depends on how much money you have to spend and how much you're making...

What features does it lack? That's kind of what it depends on. There is potentially some programs you could download for the features, or it may have them without you knowing.

EDIT: I have a netbook too, and yes it does lack a CD ROM. If that's the only reason you want to switch buy an external CD ROM. That's what I have, and you'd be surprised how much I use it. I have 4 laptops (2 extremely old ones, a netbook, and a brand new ultrabook) and I've used it multiple times on all of my laptops, even the ones that have a CD ROM. It's a good investment; you won't regret it. And what do you mean by "reliable"? I used my netbook for 2-3 good years (believe me, I wore it out. I'm a hard-core user because I'm a computer geek), so it depends how long you've had it. Also, if you're close to finishing your bachelor's degree (or whatever degree you're working on), like possibly one year away, or maybe even 2 depending on the condition of the netbook, you should wait until you finish the degree to get a new laptop. It will be much more rewarding, especially if you keep a 4.0 GPA throughout the whole degree. (Keep in mind though, I am biased towards apple because even though I have some apple things I HATE apple. But I tried not to be too biased here; I tried to really go by whether or not you need one rather than getting an apple laptop).
Kaemon

Postby eudav » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Sounds like punishment to me.
Each to their own.

~
eudav

Postby Madawc » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:07 am

It's a great reward, especially given that it's practical and functional as well as fun.
Also, Apple offers educational discounts.
This may come in handy.
If your school has a campus computer store, stop in and talk to them about discounts on hardware.
Madawc

Postby landis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:55 am

Congrats on the 4.0 but make sure this MacBook has what you want. If you look around you might be able to find a equivalent computer for much cheaper.
landis

Return to Netbooks