Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

If You Have Product Key Of Win 7 On Sticker On Computer With Crashed Hd, What Version Was Installed?

Storage Discussion

If You Have Product Key Of Win 7 On Sticker On Computer With Crashed Hd, What Version Was Installed?

Postby santo47 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:58 pm

I was asked to fix a laptop that had Win 7 installed.
The hard drive crashed.
The product key is on a sticker on the computer.
Computer owner is not too computer savvy so she does not know it it was Professional or Ultimate, or 32 bit or 64 bit. Is there any way I can find out this from the product key? I have a disc with all versions of Win 7 and can easily install the correct one, if only I knew which one was installed with that product key.
santo47

Postby Bradach » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:36 pm

It'll most likely be 32 bit Home Premium (unless it's a netbook, in which case it may have been Starter).  I'm pretty sure the same key works for 32 and 64 bit of the same version.  If the key doesn't work, then use it with Windows Anytime Upgrade and the key will determine which version gets unlocked.

Bradach

Postby Bronsin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:43 am

of course, the best place to buy a key is ms. i purchased years from ms online store. however, this time, i'd like to share one special experience on www.danzibrothers.com .

i visit my forum everyday. one day, i found a piece of recommendation from another guy. so i visited this site.

at the beginning, i'm quite skeptical at them. the price is too low.

then i sent many questions to them.

out of my expectation, they replied to me very soon. each question was answered.

at that time, i planned to try the new windows 7 activation key.

long story short, i purchased a key from them, received it and download links(32bit&64bit) in about one hour. i need 64. and, more important, the key works at the first try.

i sent much feedback to them. in one word, i'm very satisfied with this purchase, and i think, i should pass words to you.
Bronsin

Return to Storage