Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Ok To Write This Email To Professor?

Email Software Discussion

Postby Fergus » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:34 am

Expressing my thanks for his encouragement, sharing about my performance and the anxiety I feel and felt as we learn a new concept that a few of us were struggling with and that he helped us with. It was a sort of an issue in class today which he may have sensed. Also sharing about one of my past majors and why I didn't get into it (related to what we are leanring currently), why I am in school and what motivated me to have a different outlook from today's class. And that I will continue to learn. In the end I said that I feel blessed to have him as our prof. I know maybe he doesn't care about personal details, but I felt it in me to share how I am feeling about things. Like one would have a verbal conversation. Ok to send? Or is it too personal? Am I overthinking?
Fergus

Postby fonso » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Much too personal.
You'll creep him out.
fonso

Postby Orval » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:21 am

Oh my God, are you in love with him? WAY too personal for a student/prof relationship.
If you're not in love with him, he's going to think you ARE, from the tone.
DO NOT SEND IT!
Orval

Postby Roslin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Dear Upward,

Most Professors have office hours, and good ones are always happy to talk to their students. Your professor sounds like a good one. You are obviously inspired by him. Stop by his office during office hours, or send him that email asking when would be a good time. Talk with him about your past studies and what you hope to accomplish now, with the help of his class. I think you'll benefit from it and he will be happy to know he is inspiring at least one of his students.

Keep up the good work,

borbor
Roslin

Postby Burtt » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:23 am

You're overthinking it.
It's good to go!
Burtt

Return to Email Software