Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Is It Worth It To Get A Kobo Ereader Or A Kindle?

E-Book Readers Discussion

Postby Caine » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:16 pm

It is definitely worth it.
When ereaders first came out I got one and have been upgrading as they get better and better.
I currently have 3 Sony ereaders, one Literati ereader and I got a Kindle Fire HD for a gift a few months ago.
I am currently using my Kindle Fire and latest Sony to read with.
se

The Kindle Fire HD is a tablet reader.
Its great if you want to watch netflix and movies and go online and play games and get apps and read but just note that becaused it has all those other functions its heavy compared to just an ereader.
So you have to decide if you want all those functions and a heavier reader and battery uses up faster than just a reader.
Otherwise the ereaders alone are very light and are wireless and have great functions like tap a word for dictionary to look up words.
My sony underlines, highlights, can take notes and the dictiionary is even translation if you want.
Super easy page turning with a tap or swipe, tap bookmarking, just super easy to use.
You get books super quick.

I rarely ever, ever pay for books.
The only time I buy books is when someone gives me book gift cards.
My son gave me 75 bucks worth of gift cards like 8 months ago and I still have like 60 bucks left.
I never really use them because all the books I want I can read for free including new releases.

How do I read books for free? Local libraries now ave ebook rentals.
All you need is your local library card and you can sign up now online.
I can have 10 books checked out at a time.
There are so many books available now and there are some books that have a wait list, so you can go on the hold list and when its your turn for the books they will email you that its read.
The elibrary has usually at least a few copies, even 7 of the ebook so your turn usually comes around quick.
In the meantime there are plenty available to read.
I can choose 7, 14 or 21 day checkouts and I set mine up for 21.
Even though I read a book a week sometimes you may be reading a book and have a couple checked out and then all of a sudden some books you have on hold become available so that gives you more time to read them all, you just return them early as you finish them using the book return function on your device.
Here is my local elibrary: http://dbooks.wplc.info/FCA4D14A-08A1-40...
My library the last few days of the month adds new books, even new releases.
I currently have books checked out just released for sale on shelves now and I will read it free.
The local ebook library program is called Overdrive.
Here is the site.
Click on library or put in your zipcode to find yours: http://www.overdrive.com/

Note, there is an overdrive app.
i have downloaded in on my smartphone and my Kindle Fire so that I can look at my elibrary account and manage it and check for new books whenever I want.
Also I do note that there are more books available in epub format (which Sony and Kobo) use.
However I did download the Overdrive app on my Kindle Fire and besides having the elibrary on that site it also has a overdrive console where you can read the books on there too, so I can read epub books on my Kindle Fire too.
I dont think you can do that on the Kindle reader which is just a reader and not a tablet.

I love my ereaders and prefer not to read regular books and my ereader is my favorite thing since I love reading and reading with quick dictionaries, and free books, what else could be so good.

nOTE: My literati ereader is like brand new.
I only bought it because it was marked down from like 90 to 35 bucks.
After trying to use it once and getting a book on it I can see why.
Its so crappy so dont get one of those.
I never used it again.
Caine

Postby linleah » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 am

There are a lot of free books for each.

You can check here:

97 Places For Free Kindle eBooks Online (Legally) http://www.techsupportalert.com/free-boo...

73 Places For Free ePub Books Online For Nook, iPad, Kobo, iBook Sony eReader etc http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/...

I get a lot of free ebooks from Kobo.
You have to search and then select Free Only on the filter.

But, Amazon offers a lot free too.
linleah

Postby Blythe » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 am

The Kobo has features that the other ones don't have especially the fact that you can download books from anywhere where all the other ones you have to download from there site and that's it.
Blythe

Postby Lauritz » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:07 pm

I personally prefer to Kindle due to its richer & better free eBooks. Most free books from Kobo are classics which can be achieved from other torrent sites easily.
Lauritz

Postby Gaelbhan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:02 pm

If you love reading and aren't too picky about what you read, an ebook reader is a good investment.
I love cheesy horror as well as mysteries, so there are plenty of free and cheap ebooks for me.
If you prefer best sellers then you'll be unhappy since they generally cost the same as the paperback version.
You might also see if your local library loans ebooks and which ones(s) they support.
My library loans books for Kindle, but my sister's library only supports epub (Nook and Sony).
Gaelbhan

Postby Cambeul » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:11 pm

I have always treasured to read. But I'd be lying easily said I didn't also enjoy TV. Throughout the day it is usually a booklet.
Cambeul

Postby Stilleman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:14 am

Hi there,

If you want to make money online you have to use this method http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=548.

I'm using it myself with very good results. It's very easy to follow. It's good for newbies and experts.

Hope it helps.
Stilleman

Postby Adalwen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:07 am

Reading a good publication provides a richer experience and can leave you with memories that can last years. Television is merely educational if you're observing a documentary or something similar
Adalwen

Postby kelli32 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:45 am

If you want to learn your son or daughter and she\he has between 2.5 and 7 years then the perfect system is this https://tr.im/aP3S0 , Children Learning Reading.

The bonus that Children Learning Reading program  has around an entire term acceptance learning class is so it is able to train it's techniques in a nutshell and satisfying  incremental steps.

With Children Learning Reading program you and your son or daughter will have a way to spend satisfying time together while they learn how to read. Number making your youngster to sit through dull ?monitor marathons ', the lessons are so short they are simple to fit into your day-to-day routine. The whole program contains 50 instructions and the lessons are designed in ways so it will not matter if you miss several days between them. Therefore your son or daughter can keep on on the road to reading success even if ?living gets in the way?'.
kelli32

Return to E-Book Readers