Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Windows 7 Won't Connect To The Internet?

Windows 2000 and Earlier (Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 95)

Postby Napier » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:35 am

Hey so I just built my gaming pc and hooked up everything. I installed Windows 7 professional 64-bit and entered the product key but it didn't work because there was no internet connection. So I connected the pc with the modem/router but it still won't connect to the inernet.

HELP!!!

PS On my pc the ethernet outlet is blinking, looking like it should work.

Also, I was watching NewEgg's video on building a pc, the third part, and in that the product key worked perfectly and then they download the drivers onto a USB and then onto the pc. The thing with me is that it won't accept the product key, saying that I need to be connected to the internet in order to verify the product key.
Napier

Postby Treadway » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Perhaps there is a driver problem. Try going to the device manager and seeing if there are any device errors. I have had this problem before, and I fixed it by using a wireless internet usb receiver to get the drivers. I'm guessing that you don't have one of these, so if you have a separate computer that has access to the internet, try installing the drivers there, and transferring them to your other computer. Sorry if this does not help.
Treadway

Postby Delwyn » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Well that's why people get macs get them on eBay for cheap
Delwyn

Postby dalziel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:41 am

You don't have to enter the product key right away. You can skip that step and it'll give you a 30 day free trial, after which you'll have to enter a serial key to continue using it.

The reason your internet isn't working is because you need to install drivers for your motherboard's Ethernet port.

Download the Ethernet/Lan driver for your motherboard on another computer that can connect to the internet, drag the .exe or .zip file, or whatever type of file it gives you, onto your USB; then you can simply run the setup from the USB drive on your new PC.
dalziel

Postby Meir » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:40 am

Of course, you can buy the product key from the microsoft official shop http://store.microsoft.com

Why not choose a Microsoft Partner at low cost to get the new window 7 key?

such as www.bestbuy.com or www.oggus.com **

Perhaps it will help you and others.
Meir

Return to Legacy Windows