Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Windows 7 On A Netbook?

Netbooks Discussion

Windows 7 On A Netbook?

Postby Celyddon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:15 pm

I already bought the Windows 7 upgrade for my main laptop and desktop, it is Windows 7 Ultimate.

I heard I can run this on my netbook also? Can I? I heard something about a starter edition of Windows 7. Does that version already come on the upgrade of ultimate I bought or do I have to buy another upgrade.

Also the netbook is currently running Xp. Do I need to do a clean install by completly erase my hardrive and windows Xp off of it then install?

The Netbook is an

Acer Aspire One

1Gb RAM

With 160 Hardrive

Running Windows Xp Home Edition
Celyddon

Windows 7 On A Netbook?

Postby Bedyw » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:49 pm

Most netbooks run Windows 7 starter version because of the limited hardware speed and power. (Windows 7 Starter doesn't include the Aero theme features). There are only a handful of netbooks that can run the FULL Windows 7, like the HP Mini 311 due to the expandable 3GB RAM memory and incredible Nvidia Ion graphics chip.

In order to install your Windows CD, you need to have the same level upgrade. For example, if you have Vista Home Premium, you can't use Windows 7 Ultimate. It has to be Windows 7 Premium (same level upgrade name).

Check this site to help upgrade XP to Windows 7. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo...

Good luck.
Bedyw

Return to Netbooks