Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Windows Xp Media Center Blue Screen.?

Windows XP Discussion

Postby Mufidy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:23 pm

I was in the process of downloading media center extender to get the 360 elite to work with my pc, took several tries then i finally got it to work, or so i thought. I dont think the process went to smotthly as whenever i try to launce media center, i get an error message. The problem even extended to windows media player. Not its getting progressivlt worse. Whenever i turn my computer off it goes to the black screen that ask if i want to start in safe mode, last known good config, normal, etc. But if i choose any of them it usually just takes me back to the same screen eventually. Or even worse it take me to the blue screen of death. HELP! ps. after 20 or so trys i can get it to start in safe mode....sometimes.
Mufidy

Postby Gaspard » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:03 am

Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and then press ENTE

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.

2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.

3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,

4. Use one of the following procedures: ? To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.

? To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start.

? To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box, and then click Start.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

The following table lists the exit codes that Chkdsk reports after it has finished:

Exit code Description

0 No errors were found.

1 Errors were found and fixed.

2 Disk cleanup, such as garbage collection, was performed, or cleanup was not performed because /f was not specified.

3 Could not check the disk, errors could not be fixed, or errors were not fixed because /f was not specified.
Gaspard

Return to Windows XP