Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Windows Live Mail Keeps Not Responding.?

Windows Live Discussion

Postby Jackie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:06 pm

As soon as I open it up it shows my emails but not the content but then it fades away at the bottom. If I try clicking anywhere on the page in one click it then just says "(not responding)". In one click, also I have just tried leaving it and it never loads. I have also tried unistalling it and re-installing it.

I'm not sure what year I have but I'm pretty sure it's new. Changed to a different computer about a year ago and it's been doing it for about 6months. Its nee done this on my last computer. Been having to log on through the Internet not through the application.

Why is it doing this? And how do I fix it thanks.
Jackie

Postby Percival » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Not enough information to give you a direct answer... but, let's assume you are at home on a server like roadrunner, or earthlink, or metrocast. You need to set the perameters in the "properties" of the email account. If you have a POP3 account, and the port addresses for pop mail or smtp for sending mail. It's easy once you know how. I suggest you find some school kid who is a whiz at this stuff, and have him set it up for you. Your server will have the perameters for you to plug in.

Some providers like gmail or yahoo have specific information provided on their web sites. Follow those instructions exactly. This should work... but experience tells me that it doesn't always work... because somebody changed something somewhere... and it's not published. Get some help. That usually works.
Percival

Return to Windows Live