Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

[over Here] Windows Or Linux For My Low-end Machine?

Windows XP Discussion

Postby Odgar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:20 am

Ok, Internet! Let's have some fun here. I'd like you to answer this AFTER you read this description. We have an old piece of Dell lying in my and my little brothers room. After ages, we're installing the OS. But, we will ONLY use it to play Minecraft. No hosting servers, no running advanced programs, just straight-up javascript based gaming. Let's not worry about any updates, Skype, Mumble or Browsers, 'cause all that's easily fixed. But what should we choose?

The "fine" hardware itself is really low-end. Half a GB of RAM, slow processor and all that stuff. The options is: Xubuntu (not resource demanding Ubuntu, which is a Linux system) or Windows XP. My little brother thinks we should get XP.

But I'm afraid that it will get slow and laggy. Which one should I choose? Answer in five minutes!
Odgar

Postby Malleville » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:32 pm

i take advantage of Linux on a daily basis. for many commonly used workstation initiatives, Linux would be a splendidly ideal option to commercial OSs. maximum folk will never attempt it through fact they do no longer quite understand what an OS is, yet those human beings additionally do no longer quite hire the full function set of Vista.
Malleville

Postby Timoteo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:00 am

i go with linux

minecraft wont play well with those specs
Timoteo

Return to Windows XP