Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

"windows Installer Disk Could Not Be Found"?

Windows XP Discussion

Postby Hastings » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi, I'm running Boot Camp Assistant and I got as far as Creating a Partition for Windows.
And I divided it 300 GB to 200 GB.
Windows being the latter.
And I hit install and it comes up with "Windows installer disk could not be found." Okay, so I'll put the installer disc, Windows XP Home Edition, SP2.
And it still comes up.
So I take it out and I put the disk that I burned earlier in the process.
And nothing.

Now I'm stuck.
I read somewhere that it's a bug and there are ways to overcome it.
I don't want to get a new computer, money is tight as it is.
What I want is to play Guild Wars 2, SW:TOR, and keep my mac.
But I need to get past this problem.
Hastings

Postby Delwynn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:16 pm

XP? That's eleven years old!!!!

Which computer? (model, processor type, processor speed)

And don't come back with anything but that info. The answer comes from knowing what computer.

EDIT:

These Macs support only 32-bit or 64-bit editions of Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate, and do not support Windows Vista or Windows XP.

* MacBook Pro Early 2011 and later

* MacBook Air Late 2010 and later

* iMac Mid 2011 and later

* Mac mini Mid 2011 and later

You have an older Mac, so do this....

-- Restart holding option key for 45 seconds.

-- Insert the XP CD.

-- Wait at least two minutes. If it doesn't appear on the screen, the CD is damaged or is a burned copy or the drive is damaged.
Delwynn

Postby Korey » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Try Googling:

Bootcamp Assistant Windows installer disk not found

And see what you can find.
Korey

Postby Jerric » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:59 pm

This situation would ensue if between correct the following circumstances is genuine: The homestead windows Installer information that are on your difficult disk are damaged or are lacking. you positioned in or remove a application that makes use of the homestead windows Installer Microsoft software installation (MSI) equipment record (.msi). case in point, this would ensue once you attempt to position in Microsoft workplace on your pc. to unravel this example, use correct the following approach: approach a million: Reinstall the homestead windows Installer To reinstall the homestead windows Installer, rename the damaged homestead windows Installer information, and then reinstall the homestead windows Installer. to attempt this, keep on with those steps: click start up, click Run, type cmd contained in the Open textual content field, and then click ok. type cd %windirpercentsystem32, and then press enter. type attrib -r -s -h dllcache, and then press enter. type ren msi.dll msi.previous, and then press enter. type ren msiexec.exe msiexec.previous, and then press enter. type ren msihnd.dll msihnd.previous, and then press enter. type go out, and then press enter. on the command prompt, type go out, and then press enter. click start up, and then click turn off pc or close Down. decide on the Restart decision, and then click ok, or click Restart. go surfing to the computer. receive and deploy the present version of the homestead windows Installer. for further advice about a thanks to receive the homestead windows Installer, click correct the following article volume to view the item contained in the Microsoft expertise Base: 893803 homestead windows Installer 3.a million v2 (3.a million.4000.2435) is for sale click start up, and then click turn off pc or close Down. decide on the Restart decision, and then click ok, or click Restart.
Jerric

Return to Windows XP