Welcome to TechForums.info!    Latest blog post: Samsung Galaxy S5: In-depth Review of Features and Expected Deals

Advertisments:

Windows 8 drive repair error?

Windows 8 Discussion

Postby barnaby87 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:21 am

So supposedly something is wrong with my computer and when I start it up, it starts scanning and repairing my " C: " drive. So I let it continue and it stays on zero percent for like 5 minutes then goes to a light blue screen that says an error has occurred please restart, or something along those lines. So I restart my computer and before the scan/repair begins again it tells me to press any key to skip, so I do. HOWEVER, when I sign in, I am signed into a temporary profile where none of my files are there. So I don't know what to do, please HELP!

*I continuously restart and let the scan/repair run and the same thing keeps happening.
barnaby87

Postby gwenwynwyn90 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 am

If your hard drive starts acting up on your Windows system, a good place to start troubleshooting is running a Disk Error Check
gwenwynwyn90

Postby hadrian » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:30 am

Here is a general guide of how to troubleshoot startup problems.

Because Windows 8 is not an official release there is mot much you can do about it.
hadrian

Postby fluellen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:37 am

Go back to Windows 7. It's hard to give tech help to something that's still in beta.
fluellen

Postby stanwic » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:39 am

Why are people instaling Windows 8? Why did you install Windows 8? It is not a full version, is not compatible to most computers or laptops, and is basically an iphone OS. It's also not to be used as a primary OS and there are very few drivers available for it. Windows 8 Preview was made available for techs to review its operability and not for the general user to replace their current operating system.

I bet you installed it because it is FREE!!! .Well that free OS has a time limt of about 4 to 6 months before it becomes unusable.

All your files are gone, all your data is gone, and all you got left is an OS that will disable itself in a few months.

You need to install the previous OS, use your Repair Disk to re-install, you know, the one you got with the laptop (PC) or the one that you created when you first got the PC.
stanwic

Return to Windows 8