Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Windows 2000 For Free?

Windows 2000 and Earlier (Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 95)

Windows 2000 For Free?

Postby Yule » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Is it legal to find and download an iso of windows 2000 off of the internet? Windows 2000 is a fairly old operating system and is no longer supported by microsoft, so could I download it off of the internet without getting in trouble. i know it is an old and dated os, but I really need a windows os. Also, is there any good home server operating systems and they must be free and easy to use because i really don't want to spend hours setting something up, i am in a hurry.
Yule

Windows 2000 For Free?

Postby Shoemowetochawcawe » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:05 pm

definite you may get carry of domicile windows 2000 unfastened yet you could no longer "use" it legally except you pay for the license genuine. that's in all danger greater low value getting a sparkling computer with domicile windows XP or Vista put in. no longer purely that's plenty greater low value than getting the working gadget on my own, plus you will get a plenty, plenty greater efficient computer. you may get a great computer for below $500 now an afternoon; i think of that's rather well worth the money in the journey that your computer at house is something below a Pentium 4.
Shoemowetochawcawe

Windows 2000 For Free?

Postby Kosumi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:55 pm

No, it is not legal, but Microsoft doesn't care at all about their really old Operating Systems. For instance, if you torrented MS-DOS, and Microsoft found out about it, they'd just laugh and not bother. They only care for people torrenting Windows 7 and Vista, not really much for XP since they dropped support for it.
Kosumi

Return to Legacy Windows