Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Will This Make My Computer Alot Faster?

Storage Discussion

Postby Bembe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:19 am

I have over 300 Gigabytes Of HD camcorder videos, and alot of old photos. And, the HDD is only 500 Gigabytes on my laptop. So, since I have almost all the memory on my Laptop filled up, will this make my laptop slower? I got A Portable 1.5 Terabyte (1500 GB) HDD yesterday, So i can keep filming, and Have more Memory. And, I was thinking about transfering all the 300 GB of photos on my laptop, to the Portable Hard drive i bought. Will it make it faster with all the photos off of the laptop, and on to the portable Hard drive?
Bembe

Postby Arlis » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 am

It'll only make things faster if you're short of space to start with - 200GBytes for the OS and page / swap files should be OK (I run my Windows 7 PC with a 100GByte system disk).
One thing you may notice is an improvement writing / accessing new files since they're less likely to be fragmented
Arlis

Postby Seraphim » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:39 pm

howdy Dude, Describe the Crunching sound. pc's are in a continuing state of death. There are some issues which will die ultimately. problematical drives skill components, All followers. you ought to open the case and pinpoint the resource of the sound. Crunching is in no way reliable. returned UP your gadget and records. 2002, the computing device is coming end of life, hate to assert it. I normally supply contemporary pc's an entire life of five years, on the long end. Open your pc and notice what is going on in there, perchance it purely desires a cleansing. do no longer spin up your followers with air cans or compressed air. in case you spin them, you will smash the bearings and could replace them immediately. i in my opinion got here across ineffective critters in lots of desktops. some have eaten wires and issues. whilst your computing device starts to sniff, you have themes. putting oil on sealed followers is complicated. in case you do it, be attentive to which you're purely putting off the inevitable for a quick quantity of time. purchase a sparkling fan. Tom
Seraphim

Return to Storage