Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Will My 3 Sim Card Work In A Unlocked Phone That Has Previous Been Locked?

Blackberry Discussion

Postby Northclyf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:54 pm

i know 3 sim cards are always a bit weird with what phone they work in, ive got a conctract sim and i am looking on getting a phone off ebay for a few month untill my contract upgrades or i get my bold off the police. i think i am going to get a torch as they are only about 60 pound used on ebay, but i wil need to get it unlocked. i am going to get it unlocked but i am unsure if my 3 sim card will work in it and its not a case of just changing network as it is a contract, i dont know if to buy a blackberry and get it unlocked but then it might not be worth it as if my sim card doesnt work im fucked hmmmmm its my mum paying for it but thats not the point really, so basically if i get the phone unlocked will my sim worked in the phone? and dont answer saying it should because i know every other network would its just in the past ive found 3 to be dodgy with the phones the sims work in.
Northclyf

Postby ivar » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:19 pm

Three sims will work in any 3g enabled phone, but not in a 2g enabled phone.
This means that if you buy a Blackberry Bold, that will work fine.
If you buy the 8510 Curve, that will not work on 3, as it is only a 2g phone.
Any other Blackberry will be fine.
You may need to get the service books sent to your new phone, and you will need to advise everyone as to your new pin, as the pin is unique to each handset.

As for unlocking it, may I suggest the site below? The unlock is free and they send you the code within 48 hours - usually within 24, but they advise 48 to be on the safe side.
I have unlocked 3 Blackberries here, and never had a problem with them. http://freemyblackberry.com/index.php
ivar

Return to Blackberry