Welcome to TechForums.info!    Latest blog post: Samsung Galaxy S5: In-depth Review of Features and Expected Deals

Advertisments:

Why do 4 tabs open when I open up Google Chrome?

Web Browser Discussion

Postby nell » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:20 pm

When I open up google chrome 4 tabs would automatically, the first two tabs are google.com.au, the third tab is isearchavg.com, and the fourth one is search.snap.do ! It is really annoying and disturbing I just want one tab to open and lead me to Google HomePage, please tell me How I can do this.

Thank-you
nell

Postby presley » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:32 pm

f you click the 'Chrome' menu option at the top left of the screen, then choose 'preferences', you'll see a section labelled 'on startup'. One of the preferences is to select what you want to show when you load Chrome. You can delete sites you don't want, and put in whatever you want.
presley

Postby cinneidid » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Sound as though you have a corrupt download. Always download from an accredited site or official site, chrome comes with just about every download you can think of? I would unistall, restart your PC then download and install again and make sure of your settings and home page. For example running multiple browsers you MUST have 1 dedicated default browser and deny others, and try not to let them share add-ons, otherwise why run 2 browsers? the default browser is to avoid confusion in the PC. Watch them download the all ask if they can be default. a lot of question in this forum over the last week have been about chrome not working properly, it is not my favorite, I prefer IE9 and FF, but to each his own.
cinneidid

Postby adoerte38 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Click the gear icon on the top right corner and select settings. Then go to homepages and change it.
adoerte38

Return to Web Browsers