Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Why Do I Get Scratch Disks Errors When Sending Photoshop Files From My Laptop To My Desktop?

Photography Discussion

Why Do I Get Scratch Disks Errors When Sending Photoshop Files From My Laptop To My Desktop?

Postby Shandy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:08 pm

I have the same program of photoshop cs6 and previous have worked well with me zipping the template and sending it via e-mail and downloading it to my desktop. But recently, I get and error saying this "could not complete your request because the scratch disks are full" And then closes.. What exactly is going on here? And how do I fix this to be able to operate on files and transfer them back and forth between my laptop for when I need to work on the road.. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.
Shandy

Postby Fagen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:34 am

By way of default it continues making an attempt to make use of the system drive. It could VERY quickly construct a tmp file massive ample to fill that. Ignore PST, use *.Tmp for the hunt on ALL drives. Then edits/select all and delete them all. Do that simplest after starting the machine and running NO applications chiefly Photoshop. Any tmp files required b the system, will refuse to delete anyway.
Fagen

Postby Eddy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:56 pm

Perhaps the solutions listed on this pages will help you solve the problem: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photosh... http://www.ephotozine.com/article/photos...
Eddy

Postby Otsoa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Most likely, your Scratch disk is your C:\ drive, which Photoshop will set as the Scratch disk by default when you install Photoshop.
It assigns the 'Startup' drive as the Scratch disk, which is usually the C:\ drive.

The free space on your desktop C:\ drive has probably been reduced over time, due to added programs, images, documents, etc. to the point there is not enough free space for Photoshop to complete the task at hand.
Photoshop often creates extremely large .tmp files while doing its magic.
It may be that the .tmp file it is trying to create requires more free space than is available.

Check your Scratch disk assignment by going to Edit > Preferences > Plug-Ins & Scratch disks.

If the First disk is assigned as 'Startup', click the drop down and see if other HDD's are available to be assigned that duty.
You can also add other drives as Scratch disks by selecting them in the additional dropdowns. Photoshop will then have a lot more room to create its files.

Another thing to do is to delete all .tmp files on your PC.
Sometimes, Photoshop will create gigantic .tmp files and then forget to clean them up (delete) when it completes its task.
These can take up a lot of hard drive space.
Otsoa

Return to Photography