Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Why My Computer Consumes More Memory(ram) In Idle Condition?

Windows 7 Discussion

Postby Scelftun » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 am

I have 4GB memory on my PC.A desktop memory gadget showing in idle condition as...,

Used momory=1417 MB

Free memory=2677 MB

Total memory=4094 MB

CPU Usage=3 to 5 %

When i start playing a game "just cause 2" ,after 5 or 10 min, the game come back to window mode and showing a warning "your compuetr low on memory.please close some application...etc".At this condition the free memory will be less than 500MB on gadget.And finally the game closes itselff.

I am using windows 7 Ultimate x64 version and my graphics card model is AMD radeon hd 6670 1GB.

I played this game without any problem for a week or more days.The problem comes yesterday.

Please help me.....

Thanks
Scelftun

Postby Ealhdun » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:38 am

Your situation doesn't fits the title though...

It is normal for the computer to have less free memory when you play a game... as the memory is used to play the game.

Just in case you didnt mistook the gadget's info, the info is the computer overall usage not just the gadget.. and free memory can also means idle memory while used memory is as what it is called.

(So in idle mode, you 2.6GB of idle ram and when the notice comes in, you have less than 0.5 idle ram is correct
Ealhdun

Postby Winfred » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:08 am

The 500 watt rating is its *highest* continuous *output* power. That has nothing to do with how so much vigour the deliver will consume. Usual computer power provides draw about 20% extra power than they output, so an extraordinarily low-end laptop will draw about 50 watts when idle and a high-end laptop will draw about one hundred fifty watts at idle. That is vigor consumed from the wall outlet and does now not rely upon the size or score of the power give. By means of idle, I imply on and walking an operating approach but not doing any energetic work. That assumes natural vigour-management settings.
Winfred

Postby Hamnet » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Check which are the applications that is using more memory from the task manager.Also, check what are the programs running when windows is starting:Type msconfig from the command prompt.Go to startup and disable the ones that is not necessary

To enhance performance, it is good practice to put the paging file on a different partition and on a different physical hard disk drive. That way, Windows can handle multiple I/O requests more quickly.

Check with this option:

Change the size of virtual memory http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo...
Hamnet

Return to Windows 7