Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Why Can't Windows 8 Support New Email?

Windows 8 Discussion

Postby matoskah » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:53 am

Windows 8 supporting/not supporting a particular browser is separate and distinct from your mail client working a particular browser.

It seems Windows 8 does not support IE9. Why not? Because the folks that made Windows 8 probably thought that people would want to use the latest IE and so made changes in the latest IE only to support windows 8.

IE should have come by default on Windows 8. And I reckon it is mightily difficult to yank out IE from windows. Did you uninstall IE from Windows? Where did IE 9 come from?

As for your mail client not working with the IE that works on Window 8 - If it really does not work, then it is most likely that the developer of the email client has not gotten around to adding support for that version. They are likely busy in some other high priority tasks.
matoskah

Postby Ealuvig » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:13 am

The new Yahoo Mail works fine on my Windows 8 computer.

- Dominic
Ealuvig

Postby Morrison » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 pm

I am not very sure, but it might be that Windows 8 has been designed in a way that does not support Internet Explorer 9. When I got Windows 8 on my computer, I faced the same issue. I uninstalled IE 9 and installed an IE version that is supported by Windows 8. That?s the simplest thing you can do. Else you can also contact any online computer service who might give you a better option.

http://www.jupitersupport.com/services/virus-removal-service.html
Morrison

Postby Abracham » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:42 am

I was also affected by this and then my friend gabe me a suggestion. He said to uninstall and then reinstall it. I did as he said and now it is working well. You may try this stratigy. Otherwise you may get help from here. . .
Abracham

Return to Windows 8