Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Why can't I uninstall Ask Toolbar!?

Web Browser Discussion

Postby landis » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 pm

I look through the extensions on Google Chrome and it will not let me remove through there and I also tried to uninstall it from my computer in the Control Panel, but it says I have IE open so I can't, even though I do not use Internet Explorer. Help?
landis

Postby brody » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Do a Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the task manager or right click on your taskbar and choose "Start Task Manager" Click on the processes tab and sort everything there by "Image name" by left clicking on that particular column name. Now look for "iexplore.exe" it may have a "*32" or "*64" after it to the right but dont worry about that. once you have "iexplore.exe" selected/highlighted, click the "End Process" button on the bottom right.

be sure not to accidentally end process "explorer.exe" because that makes your desktop icons and taskbar disappear until you restart your computer or restart the explorer.exe process by clicking "new process" and typing "explorer.exe" into it.
brody

Postby sabino » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Oh god... Ok, who makes the unistaller? That's right Ask did. Why would they want their program off your computer, what motive is there? Exactly. What you need to do is go to "My Computer" click on "Program Files" find the folder named "Ask"/toolbar" or whatever. Ctrl+Alt+Del, end the ask program. Delete the Ask folder, disbale and delete the extension. You're done. Any problems?, message me from my profile.
sabino

Postby daimhin34 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:13 pm

If it is saying that you have IE open, then Open Task manager and go to processes and find "iexplorer.exe" and end it.

Then, You should be able to uninstall it.
daimhin34

Return to Web Browsers