Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Why Can't My Dvd Burner Read A Dvd It Made?

Windows Vista Discussion

Postby tzefanyah59 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:17 am

Many times in the past I have burned an iso image to a CD or DVD with no problems.
Just recently I made a Windows install disk for a friend to reinstall Windows (he had a legit lic on the case) and it worked perfectly. However, I burned 5 DVDs with two different burners (in the same machine) with two different programs (Nero and Imagburn and cannot read either one of them. Windows explorer will not show any content. In Nero, I can see that the data is there. This has me stumped! In this case I am trying to create a Windows Vista install disc from a saved iso image. ( I have a legitimate license to use with the installation.) I even tried 2 different iso images. I tried DVD+R and DVD-R discs but the result is the same. I notice that when I put the DVD in the drive exlporer will change the icon for the drive from DVD to CD.
tzefanyah59

Postby Roch » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:09 pm

you have to finalize a DVD to read it in other drives or even outside the burning software or burn the disk in disk-at-once mode which finalizes automatically, also clean the lens that is also a source of problems
Roch

Postby Aroghetto » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:16 pm

I am familiar with the concept of finalizing a DVD or a CD however, this has always been done automatically buy the program. One of them (I forget which one) will actually eject the DVD and then take it back in to check and make sure it is a good copy. I am using OEM Nero and Imagburn neither of which seem to have a specific option to finalize a disk. I understand that a retail copy of Nero has a Nero ROM (what ever that is) that gives that option.
Aroghetto

Postby Charraigaich » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:58 am

Invest in a CD/DVD Laser Lens cleaner, this fixes most problems with optical drives. If it doesn't help, the drive may be dead.
Charraigaich

Return to Windows Vista