Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Which Movie Maker Is Easy To Use? Windows Live For 7 And Vista Or Windows Xp Movie Maker?

Windows Live Discussion

Which Movie Maker Is Easy To Use? Windows Live For 7 And Vista Or Windows Xp Movie Maker?

Postby Brigham » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:56 pm

Well if you've never used either, I would start with Windows Live Movie Maker, because it's newer and it's got some cool features. If you've used Windows Movie Maker, if you switch to Windows Live Movie Maker at first it might seem really complicated and hard to use, because they are very different from each other. Windows Movie Maker has some things that are better then Windows Live Movie Maker, one of them being you can add XML files to give you more effect and transitions, which you cannot do in Windows Live Movie Maker. Windows Live Movie Maker also has some things that are better than Windows Movie Maker too. I've been using Windows Live Movie Maker lately, and it's a great program, it was complicated at first, but I like it now.

Hope this helped!!!

Vote me best answer!!!
Brigham

Postby Vsndyke » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:48 am

Windows 7 MM Live has some more features when comparing with the basic Windows Movie Maker for XP.

I would say that both are easy to use. But, from the 2 I would choose the Windows Live because it has slightly more features, a more interesting layout and it is much more bug-free and crash-free.
Vsndyke

Postby Shelton » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 pm

You'll have to upgrade your operating system to Vista or Windows 7 or buy a new computer to get Windows Live Movie Maker. There is no version of WLMM that will work with XP. Microsoft is slowly phasing out support for XP. At the moment, it's only supporting machines with XP, service pack 3. Which reminds me: either service pack 2 or service pack 3 had the Movie Maker version 2.1 upgrade.
Shelton

Postby Ezra » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Windows Live Movie Maker 2011 is NOT the same as Windows Movie Maker 2.6 for Vista and, though it doesn't say so, also works with Windows 7.

And, it's free from:

FYI: Neither WMM, or WLMM, can play files that are DRM-protected.
DRM explained:
Ezra

Return to Windows Live