Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What do you study to work in design/production of a high performance manufacture?

Email Software Discussion

What do you study to work in design/production of a high performance manufacture?

Postby fulumirani46 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:14 am

I'm trying to gain some outlook of what fields you go into if you want to work in car production from the design to the making of the actual body with CAD, making the body panels and how they're assembled on the frame and all that.
That's what I'm interested in. The medals, carbon fiber, welding and hands on work that takes a lot of thinking.
I'm having a really hard time finding the right majors and fields and all of that.

I really like the high end manufacturers and at around 18:00-19:00 in this really nice documentary of McLaren, that's the kind of work I'm interested in. It says they're on the "production team" but I'm wondering if anyone could tell me some keywords as to what those people studied in school, or if anyone could give me any insight to help me out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KTATXWICKU

Thank you
fulumirani46

Postby colley » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:25 am

Mechanical engineering.
They use Catia or something similar.

I found one of them
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-barnett/a/817/561?_mSplash=1
colley

Postby nigan18 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:31 am

THEME OF STUDY ( NOT ONLY FOR MONEY )
Dear pa,
Thank you, am also fine like you then dear please am one 20 years experienced power electronics engineer from that my suggestion to you is all engineering fields are good in all countries not only in india means the feeling of good depends on almost busy in job with more interest because what you got job is fully related to your studied engineering. what i want to inform to you is please take the branch of engineering for study to be any thing but very good back ground support by some body for best future
nigan18

Return to Email Software