Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What Is The Best Windows 7 Laptop To Play The Sims 3 On?

Laptop Discussion

Postby Ethan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:07 am

Im looking at getting a laptop with Windows 7 on to run my Sims 3 game. I currently have it on my Macbook but that is getting on a bit and it keeps telling me my start up disk is full even through ive transferred all word docs and images to cds and got rid of stuff i dont really need so i have come to the conclusion it is the game and all its downloads. I would like to get a Windows 7 laptop so that I can have it just for that plus get hate world creator app that only runs on windows. Can some please tell me some good laptop brands to run the game on. I want some fairly cheep ones the less i have to pay the better but it still needs to be wifi enabled and have a fair amount of space.

I want information on this nothing else. if you dont like macs fair enough but keep it to yourself.
Ethan

Postby Yates » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:56 am

ALIENWARE, more specifically the M14x, it's only $1100 which is pretty much the cheapest you will get for one that plays the sims perfectly
Yates

Postby willie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Alien ware are designed for gaming but quite expensive. I would reccomend going into a computer shop. Telling them what you want and ask for a custom built one. That gives you exactly what you want and nothing extra.
willie

Postby Mayer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:06 am

It depends on the hardware...

Look at the system requirements for Vista (it doesn't have Win 7 listed but that's what you should go off of in this case). http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq

It says: "2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent

1.5 GB RAM

128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0"

So go to a store or look online. Look at the information. Anything with at least a 2.4 GHz processor, 1.5 GB of RAM and a 128 MB graphics card, a computer like that shouldn't cost too much. Just look at the computer's statistics or ask someone at the store if it doesn't say on the display.
Mayer

Postby anum97 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Laptops are crap for gaming purpose purchase desktop machines for graphical purpose.

Laptops have only one benefit PORTABILITY

Once again you can use higher end laptops by ALIENWARE but it is very expensive and you may purchase two desktops with that money
anum97

Return to Laptops