Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What's The Best Security: Norton, Avira Premium, Or Mcafee?

Avast Discussion

Postby Jamiel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm

This is kind of like asking which religion is better. When it comes to anti-virus programs, we techies like to argue and battle it out. So, I'll just throw in my two-cents.

I've been using Norton 360 for a long time now and I love it. A lot of people say bad things about it, but it's probably because they don't have the settings set right or something. Who knows, they could have a slow computer in the first place. All in all, I think that Norton is the best. A lot of people say that Kaspersky is the best, but I'm going to disagree there. My aunt uses Kaspersky, and holy crap! It's CPU hog. It takes a ton of computer power to run a little quick scan. I wouldn't recommend it. Then again, her computer isn't very fast in the first place.

I've never used Avira Premium and I probably never will so I'm not going to say anything about it. Now, McAfee, I wouldn't even think about touching. It's terrible. It's old and the viruses/computer hackers know their ways around it. I wouldn't want that joke anti-virus on my computer.

If you're looking for free anti-virus programs, avast!, and AVG are the best freeware ones. I use avast! on my laptop right now, but on my other laptop I have Norton 360. I also have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed on both of them. Malwarebytes isn't an anti-virus program: It's anti-malware.

Hope this helps!
Jamiel

Postby Dinesh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi ,

maybe you can comparative norton with mcafee , but not with avira .

Norton and mcafee and trend micro are most valid Security company with best support and product .

for Home i think better purchase norton or trend micro .

Regards ,
Dinesh

Postby Fars » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:54 am

Kaspersky internet security. None no better. It's the big dog of paid AV's. Do yourself a favor, Stay away from Norton and McAfee. They both are over bloated and over hyped and not as good as advertised,resource hogs. If you ever use Kaspersky you will never want anything else.
Fars

Postby Kiba » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:49 pm

All I know is that I have Norton AntiVirus and it is a total pain in the butt and it hardly works. I dont know about the other ones, but I would recommend against Norton.
Kiba

Postby Marmaduke » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 am

D. None of the above

Avast is the best free anti-virus available. http://majorgeeks.com/Avast_Free_Edition...
Marmaduke

Return to Avast