Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What Is The Best Hdtv On The Market

HDTV Discussion

Postby Rolf » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:57 am

LCD ?? Plasma ?? or projection? any particular brands , models? thanksbudget 1000-2000$
Rolf

Postby natalio33 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:04 am

The unfortunate reality is that no type of HDTV is perfect at the moment. There are a series of trade-offs when choosing between them. Plasma generally produces a better picture and tends to be slightly cheaper than LCD, but it is susceptible to burn-in or ghosting where damage can leave an image can be permanently etched in the screen. LCDs have an advantage in that they can be higher resolution, but at a significantly higher price. Projection TVs have very poor viewing angles - if you're not sitting at exactly the right spot, the picture will not look good. But you can get them in big sizes for relatively low prices.I've weighed all the options for myself and I've decided that LCD is my preferred kind of HDTV. And right now thanks to significant price reductions, I believe this is your best possible choice for the price range you're looking at:Sony KDL-46S2010 46" Bravia S-Series LCD HDTV$1,979.98 FREE SHIPPINGI plan on buying one that's slightly more expensive and higher resolution, but it's going to cost me a lot more. For you, I think that one is the best possible deal. And if you want to wall-mount it, Amazon currently has a rebate in place so that your wall-mount will end up being free. I think it's a very good deal.
natalio33

Postby Crofton » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:32 am

?  Sony XBR KD-34XBR970    (*est. $950) >> Where to buy 34-inch HDTV widescreen television. Tube-based CRT televisions have a wonderful, rich image quality compared to plasma and LCD TVs, but they are obviously bulky and very heavy. Plus, CRT HDTVs are less expensive than other types. Reviews say the Sony XBR is an excellent mid-price tube-based HDTV, featuring the FD Trinitron WEGA flat-screen CRT(which reviewers say provides razor-sharp detail). See our full report on televisions for more.(*est. $950) ?  Sharp AQUOS LC-37D40U    (*est. $1,470) >> Where to buy 37-inch LCD HDTV. LCD televisions are a good choice if you want a smaller flat-screen TV, and their typically bright image is a good choice for well-lit rooms. Reviews say the Sharp LC-37D40U outperforms most other LCD TVs in its size and price class when it comes to image quality. The TV is capable of producing deep black levels, which is important when watching movies. Also, when watching fast-moving action such as in sporting events, there are no image trails. See our report on LCD TV for more choices in a variety of price ranges.(*est. $1,470) ?  Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK    (*est. $2,400) >> Where to buy 50-inch HD-ready plasma monitor. Plasma TVs are cheaper on a cost-per-inch basis than LCD TVs, and reviews generally consider them to be more 'cinematic,' with deep black levels. This top-rated Panasonic TV doesn't have a tuner(which means you need to use it with a cable box or satellite receiver), but it offers outstanding picture quality. You'll also need to budget extra for a stand and speakers, since they aren't included. Still, the limitations pale next to the monitor's performance and value. Our report on plasma TV covers models in other size and price ranges.(*est. $2,400) ?  Sony KDS-60A2000    (*est. $2,800) >> Where to buy 60-inch rear-projection HDTV. Though bulkier than a flat-screen plasma or LCD TV, a rear-projection TV is a lot slimmer than a CRT(around 18 inches), and you can get a huge image for the money. This Sony TV has the highest resolution currently available in an HDTV, with excellent detail, rich blacks and good color. Its automatic iris adjustment varies light output based on content, brightening the image for outdoor scenes and sports, and automatically dropping brightness for movies and darker scenes. See our report on projection TV for more choices.(*est. $2,800) ?  Optoma HD72    (*est. $1,890) >> Where to buy HD front projector. With a projector, you can throw a 100-inch image on a wall or screen; projectors easily get you the largest image for the money. But setup is more involved, and their bulbs need replacement after about 3,000 hours. This mid-range Optoma projector includes Texas Instrument's BrilliantColor technology, which makes it easier for video novices to adjust image color, yet provides enough individual controls for serious videophiles. See our report on projectors for more.(*est. $1,890)
Crofton

Postby Adebayo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:33 am

Panasonic plasmas get my vote I recently bought the TH-42PX60U model and the picture is fantastic!  Here is a good review. If you are sitting more than about 8ft from the TV, you may want to go with a 50" model.  If you have a surround sound system already, consider the industrial models. A great resource for knowledge and reviews(besides amazon.com) is AVS Forum.  If you go with a plasma, be sure to check out this break-in thread.   mokeefe's Recommendations Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" Plasma HDTV Amazon List Price: $1,799.99 Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5(based on 47 reviews) Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma HDTV Amazon List Price: $2,799.99 Average Customer Rating: 4.5 out of 5(based on 24 reviews) Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" Plasma HDTV Monitor Amazon List Price: $2,229.99 Average Customer Rating: 5.0 out of 5(based on 5 reviews) These are available at below list price, some with free shipping! mokeefe 87 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Adebayo

Postby Aitan » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:51 am

I recently bought the TH-42PX60U model and the picture is fantastic!  Here is a good review. If you are sitting more than about 8ft from the TV, you may want to go with a 50" model.  If you have a surround sound system already, consider the industrial models. A great resource for knowledge and reviews(besides amazon.com) is AVS Forum.  If you go with a plasma, be sure to check out this break-in thread.
Aitan

Postby Garlyn » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:53 am

Sony XBR KD-34XBR970, Sharp AQUOS LC-37D40U, Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK ?  Sony XBR KD-34XBR970    (*est. $950) >> Where to buy 34-inch HDTV widescreen television. Tube-based CRT televisions have a wonderful, rich image quality compared to plasma and LCD TVs, but they are obviously bulky and very heavy. Plus, CRT HDTVs are less expensive than other types. Reviews say the Sony XBR is an excellent mid-price tube-based HDTV, featuring the FD Trinitron WEGA flat-screen CRT(which reviewers say provides razor-sharp detail). See our full report on televisions for more.(*est. $950) ?  Sharp AQUOS LC-37D40U    (*est. $1,470) >> Where to buy 37-inch LCD HDTV. LCD televisions are a good choice if you want a smaller flat-screen TV, and their typically bright image is a good choice for well-lit rooms. Reviews say the Sharp LC-37D40U outperforms most other LCD TVs in its size and price class when it comes to image quality. The TV is capable of producing deep black levels, which is important when watching movies. Also, when watching fast-moving action such as in sporting events, there are no image trails. See our report on LCD TV for more choices in a variety of price ranges.(*est. $1,470) ?  Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK    (*est. $2,400) >> Where to buy 50-inch HD-ready plasma monitor. Plasma TVs are cheaper on a cost-per-inch basis than LCD TVs, and reviews generally consider them to be more 'cinematic,' with deep black levels. This top-rated Panasonic TV doesn't have a tuner(which means you need to use it with a cable box or satellite receiver), but it offers outstanding picture quality. You'll also need to budget extra for a stand and speakers, since they aren't included. Still, the limitations pale next to the monitor's performance and value. Our report on plasma TV covers models in other size and price ranges.(*est. $2,400) ?  Sony KDS-60A2000    (*est. $2,800) >> Where to buy 60-inch rear-projection HDTV. Though bulkier than a flat-screen plasma or LCD TV, a rear-projection TV is a lot slimmer than a CRT(around 18 inches), and you can get a huge image for the money. This Sony TV has the highest resolution currently available in an HDTV, with excellent detail, rich blacks and good color. Its automatic iris adjustment varies light output based on content, brightening the image for outdoor scenes and sports, and automatically dropping brightness for movies and darker scenes. See our report on projection TV for more choices.(*est. $2,800) ?  Optoma HD72    (*est. $1,890) >> Where to buy HD front projector. With a projector, you can throw a 100-inch image on a wall or screen; projectors easily get you the largest image for the money. But setup is more involved, and their bulbs need replacement after about 3,000 hours. This mid-range Optoma projector includes Texas Instrument's BrilliantColor technology, which makes it easier for video novices to adjust image color, yet provides enough individual controls for serious videophiles. See our report on projectors for more.(*est. $1,890) Sources: http://www.consumersearch.com/www/electronics/hdtv/index.html chief 87 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Garlyn

Postby Leigh » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:27 am

There really is no "best" HDTV The unfortunate reality is that no type of HDTV is perfect at the moment. There are a series of trade-offs when choosing between them. Plasma generally produces a better picture and tends to be slightly cheaper than LCD, but it is susceptible to burn-in or ghosting where damage can leave an image can be permanently etched in the screen. LCDs have an advantage in that they can be higher resolution, but at a significantly higher price. Projection TVs have very poor viewing angles - if you're not sitting at exactly the right spot, the picture will not look good. But you can get them in big sizes for relatively low prices.I've weighed all the options for myself and I've decided that LCD is my preferred kind of HDTV. And right now thanks to significant price reductions, I believe this is your best possible choice for the price range you're looking at:Sony KDL-46S2010 46" Bravia S-Series LCD HDTV$1,979.98 FREE SHIPPINGI plan on buying one that's slightly more expensive and higher resolution, but it's going to cost me a lot more. For you, I think that one is the best possible deal. And if you want to wall-mount it, Amazon currently has a rebate in place so that your wall-mount will end up being free. I think it's a very good deal. Sources: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL-46S2010-Bravia-LCD-HDTV/dp/B000HGSLAI/sr=1-1/qid=1164439744/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-0623691-0552123?ie=UTF8&s=electronics EddieNygma 87 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Leigh

Return to HDTV