Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What's The Best Camcorder For A Concert?

Camcorders Discussion

Postby Freman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Check out the top rated and affordable camcorders that work best for a concert: http://lovetosharethis.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-best-hd-and-digital-camcorders-can.html
Freman

Postby Powell » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:19 am

I did extensive research before I purchased the HV40; I am not disappointed. The ease of use is its best feature. The image quality is such that even with compression codecs, it keeps a crisp, colorful presentation. Versatility is prime in its switchability between SD and HD, both of which record on miniDV tapes (giving flexability to my archive of tapes, but allowing me to join the HD revolution). Its weight is practically weightless; I use it on a monopod for handheld shooting, which works in concert with the image stabilizer for clean motion control
Powell

Postby ayrwode » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:38 pm

You need a lesson on camcorder microphones.
The standard Consumer level camcorder, HD or SD Microphones, are all the same.
They get their best audio to a point about 4 feet from the camcorders microphone.
The further than that you move, the audio capture quality diminishes.
In a noisy environment, that fall off is near vertical.

So off you got with your camcorder, you get to the concert and your in the 17th row on the floor.
The band comes on, you fire up your camcorder and start recording.
the concert ends and off you go to your editing program.
You get the footage on your computer, view it and this is what your hear.
The audios best parts are of the bands biggest fan, sitting right in front of you, singing, talking, foot stomping, yelling and snorting. then the nearer background noises are mostly the same thing.
The band, if they can be heard at all, are very faint in the background of the audio.

If you want the best possible audio, do what is required to get a feed from the mixer to camcorders MIC port or a Digital Audio recorder.
Be prepared to offer the cable you need to use on their system, this means having many cables at your disposal.
Then, because you cannot get to a microphone, have fun syncing the audio and video back together,
ayrwode

Return to Camcorders