Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What Should I Do To Help My Mentally Dull And Socially Disconnected Brother?

Laptop Discussion

Postby Charleston » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 am

I have known my older brother since we were young, but we are not close, really not. In his early life, everything seems fine. In schools, we are all not that bright, i mean me and my brothers. However, since senior high school, my older brother started to develop a kind of depression signs. After graduated, he went to study here, in United States. I followed a year after, when i was graduated too from my senior high school. Here in US, he does not have any friend, not a single one. Also, he never talks to me, maybe just occasionally. He never goes out, and stays home playing video games days and nights. This went for years since we live here in US. It's been almost three years now, and he really show symptoms of depression. He is the laziest person i've ever known in my life, never cook, never do chores, and always most of the time order expensive food deliveries, though there are some cheap food he can just buy outside our hose. He gave up on the college, i think his GPA is below 2.7. Recently, he bought so many gaming stuffs, new laptops, keyboards, etc that cost so much money. Our parent is not rich. they only have enough money to fund our education (and since we are international student, the cost is appalling). After i told my parent about him, they said they know it already, and they told me to take care of him. And they told me that they never ask him about his grades because they afraid he will be depressed. Recently he was pursued by the Art Institute about gaming. he went to check Art Institute of LA, and applied for gaming school there. That school is known for financial fraud (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_Institutes). Many have said that the school is one of the most expensive art school producing no credible graduates. Should i tell this to my parent? He is very dull and anti-social, and although i have a little sympathy for him, i also have my own life too and just because he doesn't care about my parent money, he could waste hundred thousand dollars for nothing that can be used for my little brothers education, who will also continue study as international student. What should i do?
Charleston

Postby Loritz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:56 am

MEDITATION, YOGA, PRAYER etc COULD HELP UR BROTHER OVERCOME DEPRESSION OR WORRIES. MOST IMPORTANT IS TO KEEP ONES MIND AND SOUL ON GOD. PRAYER GIVES MENTAL BLISS THAT CAN CURE ANY DISEASES THAT ARE OF MIND.

I SUGGEST THAT READING BIBLE OR BHAGAVADGEETA OR ANY SUCH RELIGIOUS BOOKS WILL DEFINITELY CURE MENTAL DISORDERS TO A LARGER EXTENT.

REMEMBER, FORGETTING GOD AND THINKING ONLY OF THE EARTHLY DESIRES IS THE ROOT FOR ALL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL PROBLEMS. GOD IS THE ESSENCE OF MATERIALS AND LIVING SOULS. HE IS THE EPITOME OF LOVE AND THUS THE PANACEA FOR ALL.

SO, MAKE UR BROTHER FOLLOW THE ABOVE.
Loritz

Postby Audie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:46 pm

No real school is going to recruit a student with a 2.7 GPA.
Very few real schools would even accept a student with a 2.7 GPA.

Your parents are probably partly in denial.
Psychologically, that's easier than admitting that their son is in serious trouble and that they can't help him.
Don't get caught in their denial.
Tell them what is going on, but don't tell them what to do, or they'll shift to denial.

Tell them that the AI is a ripoff that has been sued by the federal government for using federal student loans to rip people off.
They are increasingly chasing international students, because then the federal government doesn't care as much.
It's still bad news.

Tell them that he isn't doing much other than playing games and spending big money on food.

Don't talk about the money he's wasting.
Don't talk about how you are trying to be careful with money.
Don't talk about having money left for your little brother.
That will just get them to respond with denial.
Tell them the facts about your brother's behavior, and tell them what you know about AI.
Audie

Return to Laptops