Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What Headset Should I Buy?

Networking & Wireless Discussion

Postby Dagon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Well you kinda just answered your own question. The Sony Pulse headset sells new for about $150, your budget. The PX5's sell new currently for about $200. Unless the PX5's go on sell during Black Friday or buy used you won't find PX5's for $150.

I haven't tried the Pulse headset but did have the first set Sony came out with but it was a step down from the Turtle Beaches. So I bought a pair of PX5's and they are all around the best wireless for the money especially since they dropped the price down to $200 from $250. The biggest pro for the Sony Pulse is that they have a built in Rechargeable battery and it shows battery charge on screen, and the PX5's use AA batteries and that gets expensive. I bought a set of Rechargeable AA batteries but they always seem to go dead when you are in the middle of the game every time. The PX5's do have a low battery reminder but it doesn't work right (tell me battery low) when I'm using the rechargeable batteries, only works when using standard AA.

If you don't mind a wired headset I would go with the DPX21 Turtle beach. I had them and loved them but hated the wires.
Dagon

Postby Coleman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Turtle Beach!!!!!!!!!
Coleman

Postby Beverley » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:20 pm

while you're reading at Jandakot, there are consistently pilots seeking to sell their old kit as they improve. once you are going to spend between 2 and 5 hundred, terrific to get an older set of extra useful high quality than a sparkling piece of junk which you will would desire to enhance the extra you circulate into your direction. Ask Chuck at Air Australia, he's the guy of the sector at Jandakot. humorous, I only left there...
Beverley

Postby Beamen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:44 pm

The two headsets you are considering are good choices but are on the pricier side. If I had to choose betwen those two, I'd recommend the Sony PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset.

You should also look into another Sony headset called the official Wireless Stereo Headset. This one retails for less than the PULSE and it has better reviews. http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Stereo-He...

Also, check out the PS3 Ear Force P11 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset. This one is not wireless but is a third the price of your other headphones. If you are trying to get the most bang for your buck and you are not bothered by the 12 foot cable, then this is a great headset for you.
http://www.amazon.com/Force-Amplified-St...

Anyway, I'd highly recommend you read the reviews on Amazon to give you a better idea of all the headsets you're considering and make sure you compare the prices :)
Beamen

Return to Networking & Wireless