Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What Happened To My Computer?

PC Hardware Discussion

Postby Galloway » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Yesterday I was watching youtube and searching stuff on google then my computer froze for like 3 seconds then went black screen for 5 seconds, then it displayed "AMD has stopped responding and has recovered." Then today if was on youtube and google again then my computer screen froze again but it didn't show the message and din't went black screen instead I just heard a beeping noise. I also tried to update my amd radeon 7700 driver but it said I had the current one so what is the problem?
Galloway

Postby Avniel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Something outside of the Radeon and Nvidia drivers has changed.
Both forums are lit up with this same issue in recent weeks.
So somewhere in PC land there was a software update that has messed up everything.
I have been trying to slowly find the culprit and right now it seems to be pointing to a Java script update to Chrome.

I am tired of people blaming dust and UFO activities for these issues.
I use liquid cooling and my PC is spotless on the inside.
This is not a temp issue it is a software issue.
Avniel

Postby eleder » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:59 am

Hi,

Due to accumulation of dust inside the PC these problems can occur. Also overload of processor with too many applications may trigger such issues. Nothing major issue to worry. But yes, be careful and keep your CPU usage to below 19%.

I am a hardware engineer working for dnf security and so whatever I knowledge I had I shared with you......hope it helps!
eleder

Return to PC Hardware