Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What is a good digital camera, that takes professional looking pictures, for less than $250?

Digital Cameras Discussion

What is a good digital camera, that takes professional looking pictures, for less than $250?

Postby pietro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:46 am

I'm kind of just an amateur photographer (I like to take nice pictures of flowers, scenery, whatever).
Right now I have a just a really cheap digital camera, and it does a terrible job.
I have some friends who spent around $1000 for their cameras. I do not have near that amount of money, but I'm really jealous of their pictures.
I just want a camera that can take nice pictures.
I don't know a ton about cameras, so any advice would be great! Thanks!
pietro

Postby tomo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:56 am

take a look at dpreview.com - look for their chart with Gold reward camera and choose the one you can afford. Really, look at Olympus XZ-1 - they tell it takes breathtaking photos. Do not judge the camera on Megapixels, judge on the size of censor ! the bigger it is - the better. And remember 1/3 is less that 1/2 "
tomo

Postby daimhin34 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:01 am

"Professional looking?"... what does that mean? The camera can do everything for you... you need lots of training, knowledge and skill before even hoping to reach what you call "professional".

You won't find such a camera for that money. Yes you'll find lots of cameras around but nothing even close to professional quality - they start at about $4,000 and go up.

The best you can hope for is a bridge camera. Fuji makes a fine line of bridge cameras. here's a good place to do research. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
daimhin34

Postby ryleigh98 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:05 am

It's the person behind the camera that makes a photo look 'professional' but certainly a good camera helps with the technical quality. For $250 you won't get a new DSLR or CSC with the physically larger sensor (physically large, not just lots of megapixcels) that guarantees ultimate image quality, but you will get a reasonable domestic compact digicam or 'bridge' camera. Stick to the 'photo' names such as Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, Fuji. Definitely avoid Vivitar and any 'stores own' brand.
ryleigh98

Postby cormac26 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:11 am

The Panasonic LX5 has a good "Intelligent Auto" mode for those who are just starting with photography, but it also has manual exposure controls for you to learn as time passes.
It's good for macro shots (it has a 1 cm minimum focusing distance), as well as scenery/landscapes due to its nice, wide-angle Leica lens. Top notch for its class, really, in my opinion.. all-in-all it runs for $250 at the moment.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/723288-REG/Panasonic_DMC_LX5K_Lumix_DMC_LX5_Digital_Camera.html
cormac26

Postby wigmaere39 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:16 am

I think $1000 is too much to buy a camera as you are a amateur, and you can seek at the website http://www.accessbuy.com/wholesale-Digital-Cameras_164.html
wigmaere39

Return to Digital Cameras