Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What Games Are My Computer Good For?

Windows XP Discussion

Postby Robin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:09 pm

I got this computer for £40 and it seems ok for what I paid. Just want experienced opinions and advice.

I will be building a gaming PC but using this one to get experience on components and what they do.

GPU: EVGA 6200 GeForce 512mb

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.00ghz

Ram: 2gb

PSU: Colorsit 500W

I have all drivers completely up to date. Also a ram optimiser if that makes a difference.

Also I regularly clean disk drives and only have 1-2 windows open at a time.

Just want an opinion is all. Let me know if there's any other specs I need to add.

Thanks
Robin

Postby Ahanu » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:37 am

The Sims is fairly exciting. It takes up fairly fairly some your pc reminiscence yet its extremely good. additionally video games like Sonic and great Mario are good. however the Sims is my universal :D
Ahanu

Postby Raedwolf » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:43 pm

for what you paid i guess its ok but it cant reun any modern games.

all modern games require a low end dual core. thats a single core with hyperthreading.

they all require 4 gigs of RAM. you have 2.

they all require a amd 3870hd or an nvidia 8800GT or more. your hard would be lucky to perform at about 20% of what they perform at.

also windows xp gets discontinued this year so if anyone finds any way to hack into the OS Microsoft wont be releasing any fixes for it.
Raedwolf

Postby delrico » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:10 pm

Very good computer, although the GPU is 3/5, I recommend you NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GS for a GPU.

List of games compatible & recommended for your computer

1. GTA San Andreas

2. Minecraft

3. Half-Life: Source

4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

5. Killing Floor

6. F.E.A.R.

7. SWAT 3

8. SWAT 4 + The Sketchov Syndicate

9. Doom 3

10. Quake 4

11. Doom 3 BFG Edition (optional if you have Doom 3 already with its expansion Resurrection of Evil)

12. Slenderman's Shadow
delrico

Postby Radcliff » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:32 pm

It's really not great, 512mb video memory is **** all by today's standard. Some laptops come with that much.

As for the games, older games released years ago, or games where there is not a large demand on resources, avoid games such as GTA IV, Crysis 3 and Skyrim.
Radcliff

Postby zacarias95 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:30 am

Just want to point out. This machine is not being used for high end gaming. It's being used to get experience with what is required for a decent gaming computer. I know full well that it won't run modern games so please don't... I want to know what type components (GPU, CPU, Ram etc.) are recommended for modern games.
zacarias95

Return to Windows XP