Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What Does It Mean When Norton Tells You That An Application On Your Computer Has A High Cpu Usage?

Web Browser Discussion

What Does It Mean When Norton Tells You That An Application On Your Computer Has A High Cpu Usage?

Postby Cashesegra » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 am

I recently got a new laptop and installing Norton was one of the first things I did. I barely got on the internet for 20 minutes when the thing pops up saying that internet explorer has a high CPU usage. It wasn't just internet explorer, it also happened on chrome, and my Finale application. So I brought it back to where I got it and they completely rebooted my laptop. They gave it back to me a few days ago and its popping up again. I haven't downloaded anything (except Norton) so it can't possibly be a memory issue. What does it mean?
Cashesegra

Postby Marilynn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 am

High CPU usage means that your computer processor is running at a high percentage, which is more than the required amount. This is usually caused by running too many programs and processes on the computer. High CPU usage can cause your computer to slow down or freeze altogether. You must delete some things on your computer
Marilynn

Return to Web Browsers