Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What Camcorder Will Playback Back My Non Digital 8mm Tapes?

Camcorders Discussion

Postby Hareleah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:24 pm

I asked previously and though the answer was helpful it didn't answer my question.
Maybe I stated it incorrectly.
I need to transfer these tapes to DVD not my computer as previously answered.

I have many 8mm tapes that were taped between about 1993 and 1998.
I can't figure out what camera I owned at that time.
Can I play them back on a newer camcorder for the purpose of transferring them to DVD.
I have the equipment to do the transfer, just not the camera for playing them on.

I have my current camera (albeit old but faithful), a Sony TRV510, I've borrowed a Sony CCD-TRV57 and a Sony DCR-TRV230.
I've been apprehensive to try any of them.
I feel I need a camera that doesn't use Hi8 tapes, something with older technology.
What say you?
Hareleah

Postby Jancsi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:31 pm

the "DCR" camcorders are digital8 and most likely won't play analog tapes. the "CCD" camcorders are analog and should work just fine. use the CCD-TRV57.
Jancsi

Postby Flavio » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:28 am

Go to this manual- http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DCRTRV2...

Go to page 8 / Getting started / Using this Manual.

Then read the section "BEFORE USING YOUR CAMCORDER"

You still have not said how you are intending to burn to DVD So ???? How do you expect folks to know Possibly you will need to use a/v feed out Or possibly DV/Ilink to firewire in computer or whatever device you will use to burn DVD.
Flavio

Postby Drewe » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:35 am

no longer your style. each and each 12 months, Sony might pop out with 2 distinctive yet comparable digital-8 fashions. the main helpful distinction (and in specific circumstances the only distinction) grow to be that the dearer style grow to be backwards well matched so it ought to play 8mm and hi-8 tapes. you've had to purchase the DCR-TRV240. this is too previous due now, by using fact the full 8mm family members is no longer being made and that they have not made a backwards well matched style considering that 2003.
Drewe

Return to Camcorders