Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I Want To Restart My Whole Computer. As In Delete Everything Like If It Were New Its A Dell?

Peripherals Discussion

I Want To Restart My Whole Computer. As In Delete Everything Like If It Were New Its A Dell?

Postby Alister » Fri May 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Cinthia,

Below are instructions to use PC Restore on your computer.

PC Restore

Dell® PC Restore? is a "Last-Effort" Factory Image restoration capability for technical support in non-IT supported environments. An image of the system is created in the factory and stored on a hidden partition on the hard drive. Starting the application involves pressing Ctrl/F11(for Windows XP) or through WinRE( for Windows Vista/7) at the Dell Logo screen during the boot process. The system will boot into a DOS environment and provide a GUI with instructions about restoring the system.

Before performing a PC restore, the customer needs to be made aware that:

The data will be lost in the restore process.

Any programs customer has installed since receiving the system will have to be reinstalled.

Any additional configuration done since receiving the system will have to be redone.

If Dell® PC Restore? fails, the only option will be to reinstall the Operating System using the Original Media shipped with the system (if available).

Windows 7 PC Restore

These are the steps in performing Windows 7 PC Restore:

Step 1: Backup important files and data

Step 2: Remove non-essential peripherals

Except for the monitor, keyboard and mouse, remove all external peripherals including scanner, printer, modem or network cables, Personal Digital Assistant (PDA), USB flash drive or other external Hard Drive, any other external devices (e.g. USB-attached devices), remove the computer from the docking station if you are using one.

Step 3: Restore the computer's software to original condition

Turn on the computer.

As the computer starts, press on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

Press the on the keyboard to select "Repair Your Computer" on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and press .

Specify the language settings that you want, and click Next.

Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.

Click Next.

The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer. The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

Thank You,

Dell-Jesse L

Dell Social Media and Communities
Alister

Postby Danell » Fri May 19, 2017 3:37 pm

The virus you have top now could be no longer an common get rid of. It keeps displaying a pretend domicile windows secure practices alert prompting you to purchase undercover agent ware removing utility, best? The restoration to that's very trouble-free. receive the gadget smitfraudfix. kind that into google and receive it. next placed this on your laptop on an account with administrator rights. Now restart your pc in secure mode (press F8 top as quickly as your pc is restarting to do this). as quickly as in secure mode, log into the admin account suggested earlier. Now run this software. it is going to invite your what you prefer to do as quickly as you run it. Hit 2 and then enter (sparkling). as quickly as you permit this run for some minute, the virus could be wiped sparkling out of your registry and you could restart your pc. you do no longer would desire to accomplish the disc cleanup that it runs for you, you could close out of this and restart. Now your pc could be working because it did earlier you contracted the virus. this finished methods shouldn't take extra advantageous than 15 minutes, and is a lot extra handy than thoroughly reformatting your HDD. a great kind of the failings human beings recommend right here is not any longer a restoration especially designed for that style of virus, that's and for this reason could be tried earlier your hassle with the a lot of different fixes each physique is throwing available.
Danell

Postby Corrin » Sat May 20, 2017 12:25 am

Try reformatting your hard drive. You would need to have the disk that the computer probably came with. Or you can install a new operating system on it.
Corrin

Postby Teppo » Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 am

Delete the partition, create a new one, format it, and re-install the operative system.
Teppo

Postby Antonino » Tue May 23, 2017 1:29 am

If you don't have basic pc knowledge.Please don't do it yourself.Go to a computer tehnician.

but if you want to do it:

1:Format your pc.(this can be done from booting the OS-CD.

2:Install the OS.
Antonino

Postby Goddard » Tue May 23, 2017 3:08 am

Go to your control panel and find the system restore part. Therre you follow the indtructions and you'll bbe set to go on

"Restoring pc to manufactoring condition"
Goddard

Return to Peripherals