Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I Want To Lead A Christian Life But I Suspect That I'm Gay?

Email Software Discussion

Postby Faran » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 pm

I'm having a tough time because I'm trying to lead a Christian life. Yet I know that I'm not straight. If I'm bisexual, it's most likely that I'm trying to convince myself that I can be attracted to men. I remember having crushes of the other girls in grade school. I didn't think it was that weird at the time because I didn't even know that lesbians existed. Although I did feel like my elementary same-sex attraction wasn't acceptable so I didn't go around telling others I had crushes on my girl classmates. But as I got older I became aware that some women had other women as partners instead of men. It scared me because I didn't want to be a lesbian after I found out there was a term for this.

Now I'm stuck of what I want to do. I'm 25 and have dated men casually. It's always been awkward like I'm forcing myself to have straight relationships. Recently I've gotten back in touch with one of my ex boyfriends after he initiated contact. We were good friends before we started dating so I missed his friendship. But at the same time I don't want to get back with him because I don't want to date men.

I've never dated a woman because I'm afraid to do so. It goes against the Bible and I'm a Christian. Yet I'm unhappy dating men. So I haven't been dating anyone and I'm feeling pretty lonely. I don't want to force myself to be straight because that's not fair to either the man, myself or any future children we may eventually have. But I don't want to start dating women because I don't want to spend eternity in Hell. And my Christian family and friends wouldn't understand or support me. So right now it looks like I have no choice but to spend my life alone as far as my romantic life is concerned.

I don't know what to do and am sad about the outlook of my life. Thanks for your help, suggestions or guidance.
Faran

Postby Eli » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:23 am

God does love every person. But He due to the fact he's simply, He ought to choose the sinner. That is why Christ died, so He could be with every person. Christ paid the rate for the sin, for the reason that we might no longer. I'm definite you recognize all of this. Unfortunately, routinely Christians disregard that they too are sinners, handiest saved with the aid of mercy. For essentially the most section their fervency, and in many instances judgemental responses, are rooted of their crisis on your soul. Considering all sin is the same, do not get facet-tracked by way of the degree of sin. Only appreciate that you simply do sin, and accordingly need to repent. How a lot or how generally or to what measure is beside the point.
Eli

Postby Charleston » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:16 pm

There are plenty of gays who are Christian, just remember one thing, gay or straight, God loves you he just doesn't approve of two men or two women having sexual interactions, you can have a gay interest though

You don't need to spend a lonesome life, I have a gay cousin who is Catholic but he surrounds himself with many friends and is happy with his life
Charleston

Postby Cledwyn » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:27 am

For Christians all unmarried persons are to abstain from sex until married in the Church. Whether straight or gay.

From the Catechism

Chastity and homosexuality http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_P...

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered." They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. They do not choose their homosexual condition; for most of them it is a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

"There are not more than 100 people in the world who truly hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they perceive to be the Catholic Church.
....As a matter of fact, if we Catholics believed all of the untruths and lies which were said against the Church, we probably would hate the Church a thousand times more than they do."

-----Archbishop Sheen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs6qZd_xP...

Peace be with your spirit

http://catholicmyths.blogspot.com/
Cledwyn

Postby FaIIon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:42 pm

Search online for Christian help groups for gays & lesbians.
FaIIon

Postby Groffudd » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:57 pm

christianity is a twisted way of reality. follow your heart and live your life as you feel. that is the privelidge we have.
Groffudd

Postby Gobha » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:21 am

Pick a gay friendly church.
Check out soulforce.org: http://www.soulforce.org/

The bible was written over 1000's of years by many people in different languages and contexts.
It should not be interpreted literally in one small way for all people and all time.
The good Lord made you the way he did because that is how he wants you to be.
Know that you are a loved child of God.
Gobha

Postby Cliamon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:41 pm

Being into a Christian Organization, you would really realize who really you are. But it would be best for you if you can ask assistance or help from the highest person in your christian group.
Cliamon

Postby Sherbourn » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:22 am

Go and date women, if your god is as "loving" as christians claim, then he would be fine with you being happy with another woman.
Sherbourn

Postby Jennalyn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:06 am

You have two choices.
You can essentially force yourself to behave in accordance with someone else's interpretation of the Bible or you can decide that God knew what he was doing when he made you after all.
Accepting modern Christianity's interpretation of your sexuality is calling God wrong.

I can't believe that you waited until you were 25 to deal with this! Accept yourself and find a new church! There are loads of very cool churches that accept gay people.
Some of the most devout Christians I know are a gay couple.
Jennalyn

Return to Email Software