Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I Want To Buy A Keyboard And Mouse For My Laptop..plz Help?

Microsoft Office Discussion

Postby Bradleigh » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:17 am

I am thinking to buy IBall Cherry Combo USB 2.0 Keyboard. What are your opinions??

I have a few questions...

1. If a keyboard is USB 2.0, then will it work on USB 3.0 port. Bcoz i have only USB 3.0 ports and 1 eSATA port.

2. If only windows 7 vista, xp 98, 2000 are specified, then will it work on linux?

Any kind of help will matter a lot . If you have any suggestion about keyboards and mice, they can be individual., plz specify..

Thanx in advance..

P.S- I live in India...
Bradleigh

Postby Neron » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 am

USB 3.0 ports are compatible to USB 2.0 hardware..The keyboard will work fine.

Also, the standard functions of the mouse(right click, left click and scrolling) will work on Linux...if you are purchasing a multimedia mouse with 5-9 buttons, then u need special drivers to activate those..and u might want to check with the mouse manufacturer for compatibility with Linux.
Neron

Postby Garland » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:01 am

USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports are inter compatible. But i don't know any device that don't have USB 2.0. Keyboard and mouse never use much bandwidth. better is using one USB 2.0 and a USB hub for all low bandwidth devices. special function keys may not work in Linux. also if the device comes with dpi adjustment software's it may not work too.
Garland

Return to Office