Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

My Vista Preinstalled Lenovo Pc Is Asking For Activation After I Tried To Change Product Key. Any Solution ?

Desktop Discussion

My Vista Preinstalled Lenovo Pc Is Asking For Activation After I Tried To Change Product Key. Any Solution ?

Postby Kiba » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:46 am

Why did you try to change the product key? You should never need to. But if your using a authentic copy of Vista, you can call Microsoft and get them to activate it. They will ask you for the key printed on the sticker on the laptop, and they will give you a very long key to input. Good Luck.

P.S. If your using a non-genuine copy of Vista, your better off downloading a copy of XP and using it instead. It's way easier to crack and make it genuine.
Kiba

Postby Langley » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Your product key is normally on a label on the back of a desktop computer. Why do you need to change the product key? Did you forget to activate your Windows before the 30 day time limit?
Langley

Postby Hadyn » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:13 am

For what reason did you try to change the product key? You will now need to phone Microsoft and get them to give you a new number.. if you don't it will stop working in 30 days from the date you messed around with it... they will explain what you need to do,, the numbers you read out to them are the serial numbers of the hardware you have in the computer.. like the processor, ethernet chip, hard drive, motherboard, That's how MS can tell if it is a copy that has been installed on another computer. that would make it an illegal copy... Your Vista is registered to that computer only ,, not to you.. so when the computer goes down you can't install that copy onto another computer you have to buy another windows Vista...
Hadyn

Return to Desktops