Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Uses For Laptop Parts In Unwanted Laptop?

Storage Discussion

Postby Iorwerth » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi, I have a laptop with fairly high specifications that i bought a while ago (18months/2 years). However, the casing has never been a very good quality and it has become damaged, scratched and actally snapped at places around the keyboard, not from misuse but just poor build quality. I do not want to get rid of some of the parts as i would like to use them somewhere else but im lacking in ideas. I have a fairly good computer knowlege and can take them out/re-build it etc but i don't know how i could use them.

The main parts i want to keep are the processor (Intel i7 620m) and the SSD (Samsung 830 series) and maybe the RAM although there is 6Gb and it is not worth a lot really anyway. It came originally with a 250 WD HDD but I have replaced it with the Samsung drive listed, ideally I would like to keep both, obviously the SSD especially because its less then 6 months old.

Any ideas would be much apprieciated, thanks!

Rob
Iorwerth

Postby Broderik » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:16 pm

http://hacknmod.com/ you can make a high powered laser with the disk drive wear glass's or loss an eye!!!
Broderik

Postby Anders » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:06 am

yo ngono kui lah
Anders

Postby Glenn » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 am

StarPC11,

I have looked at something similar, like building it into a new laptop and i have also looked at building it into a small form factor pc, but with the laptop option i could not find anywhere with just plain empty laptop cases, or even laptop cases with just a motherboard for example. Thats why I was considering a small form factor pc that i could probably find a motherboard and cases much more easily and hopefully still fit in as much as possible, the SSD and Processor being the most important, so itb would just need to have a 2.5" bay and be SATA 3 compatible, and the correct socket for the proecessor, any thoughts?
Glenn

Return to Storage