Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Usb Troubles Please Help?

PC Hardware Discussion

Postby Eduardo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:03 pm

I have a USB and when I put it into my PC's USB slot the USB flashes red meaning its on but when I open windows explorer and click computer the USB doesn't show up in the removable harddisc slot. Then when I check disc management I find the usb under removable hard disc slot 5. Then when I try assigning it tells me the disk management view is not up to date and to restart it and if that doesn't work to restart my computer or to close the disc management and refresh it. I tried refreshing my computer but its still the same. Also the USB is my brothers and when he tried using it this morning he tells me that the screen went blue with code or letters then the computer shuts down. Also now when I plug it in now my PC doesn't give me the alert saying its been plugged in, instead there's an icon called safely remove hardware and eject media. How do I fix this? Btw I have windows 7
Eduardo

Postby Jasim » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:48 am

Since you already know how to use Disk Management-

Try deleting the entire partition on the USB drive in Disk Management, and creating a new partition (FAT32? NTFS? exFAT?).

Then try to assign a letter to the fresh partition.
Jasim

Return to PC Hardware