Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Usb Devices Turn Off "before" Login.?

Mac OS X Discussion

Postby Darrie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:15 pm

I'm not sure whats causing this, but every time I boot up my computer, all of my USB devices will have a couple flashes of power (from the splash screen) and even if their still on after the splash screen, they will not work.

This includes my mouse, my keyboard, and even my external hard-drive.

The only way I can get around this is to restart my computer using a restart button built into the tower, after this warm-boot my USB devices will go back to functioning normally, except my external hard-drive which I have to unplug and plug back in, so that the computer will recognize it.

USB: 6 standard USB ports and 2 USB2 ports

Motherboard: ASUS (not sure what specific model)

RAM: 2gb

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 (2.4ghz)

Video Card: EVGA Nvidia 470GTX

Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Sound Card

I've tried.

1- Uninstalling USB drivers from devices tab (Worked 1 single solitary time before problem reoccurred)

2- Various virus scans, as well as manually checking the registry key that would shut off USB devices after login (all clean)

3- Checked Power Supply for any issues, it should have more than enough power to power my USB devices.

4- Opened bios and turned on legacy USB (was set to automatic)

Any Idea's? Just before this problem occurred I had AVG installed and it started giving me Black SOD on startup as well as Blue SOD during some operations, I cleanly removed it and installed Microsoft essentials in its place.
Darrie

Postby Rollo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:20 pm

All the Blackberry units I have had have a "Power" button on the top. It may be rubber or chromed. Otherwise, you can navigate to a menu item called "Turn Power Off". One thing to note is that this is not a true power-off. It's more of a quick standby mode. It will keep the unit quiet. When I really want mine off, I pull the battery :)
Rollo

Postby Smedley » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Check the usb settings in the bios and make sure they're all turned on.
If they don't work then, you could just get an add on usb controller.
Smedley

Return to Mac OS X