Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Pc Upgrade Opinions !!!?

PC Hardware Discussion

Pc Upgrade Opinions !!!?

Postby Donavon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:50 am

Well , i am using lots of processes at the same time (e.g Matlab , Photoshop, Web Browser with like 10 tabs with Youtube videos) me current PC with all these uses 100% CPU and RAM and i can barely do my work !!!

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400 + 3,21 GHz

2GB RAM

GPU: Asus ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

MOBO: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe

with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64bit)

I am looking for a PC to run smoothly all these + some more.

With my current setup i dont have any trouble with the latest games in normal settings

I am not enteresting in changing any Hard Disk yet due to low budget and beacause i already have 3 (old but i backup everyday on my 2 TB Seagate just to be sure ;) )
Donavon

Pc Upgrade Opinions !!!?

Postby xiao46 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:12 am

Intel have released their new 4th Gen processor range codename Haswell!

I'd recommend:

> CPU : Intel i5 4670k

> Mobo: Asus Z87-A (same specs, if not better than the P8P67, but not as good i/o)

The RAM is only 4GB but should be fine depending on what you do with it, obviously you won't be 3D rendering, playing a game and rendering a clip on Sony Vegas and After Effects at the same time :)
xiao46

Pc Upgrade Opinions !!!?

Postby Winfrid » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 pm

You left out a new copy of Windows. Almost everyone has the OEM license which is registered with the motherboard. Change the motherboard, and you need a new disk load of Windows and a product key. Re-use a product key, then next visit to Microsoft.com (as in Windows update), Microsoft makes some changes during the connection that are designed to annoy you about not authentic Windows.

If you can state what hardware you have now, and the goal you are trying to accomplish, I will advise what is probably the best action. The main improvement in Haswell Intel is the Integrated graphics. The CPUs are only 10% faster and the motherboards are priced up for now.

Also, what country are you in? Components pricing varies by country.
Winfrid

Pc Upgrade Opinions !!!?

Postby Niece » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:14 am

I honestly belive you can get a better processor than that for the same price, like this one

Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo) 6MB

or for 20-30 euro more you could get the i5-3570, which is one of the best gaming processor.

I'm supposing you want a gaming computer. even if not, for that price I think that's an expensive outdated option for the cpu
Niece

Return to PC Hardware