Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Trend Micro Client/server Or Avg?

AVG Discussion

Postby Rodric » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:45 pm

A guy my dad works with wanted me to put some anti-virus software on his refurbished laptop. Not noticing that anything was on there, I installed AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition.

Then AVG was running it picked up that Trend Micro was malicious, which is obviously a false positive. Since I didn't notice that Trend Micro Client/Server Agent was on there, I installed the AVG.

So now that I have two AV's installed, one obviously has to go. The Trend Micro seems like it's a paid thing, and doesn't look like a trial version. Whereas AVG is free.

I've never really messed around with Trend Micro's stuff, and have had AVG on several computers and ever had any problems.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which AV to keep, and which one to uninstall?
Rodric

Postby Omar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:21 am

Virus's are not the Major problem these days (you still need a good antivirus program i recommend avira (its free) get it here http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antiv... but malware / spyware /adware causes more problems than virus's, most people are aware of virus threats and have some sort of virus protection, but are unaware of malware / spyware /adware threats.

80% of the problems i deal with are malware / spyware /adware related.

Get a good anti malware / spyware /adware program (as well as antivirus).

I recommend

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

from here http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/mal...

The are other good ones, like super anti spyware and spybot search and destroy.

I would also recommend windows defender (its free)

Don't forget to keep all your security software updated (along with windows updates) and run complete scans once a week, do this and your computer will run like new.
Omar

Postby Jazlaan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Jazlaan

Postby Maddocson » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:24 am

Keep his paid of coarse. AVG is not that great.
Maddocson

Return to AVG