Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Transferring An Ipod From One Computer To Another?

Netbooks Discussion

Postby Kye » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:10 am

Okay, I have a second gen iPod touch and it's data is all on my laptop, however last night my laptop keyboard stopped working after a small spill or orange juice :( it was barely anything too, anyway it is quite old and I was told just to get a new one now I've finished high school and have a part time job (starting college), my sister said I could use her netbook sometimes, is it possible to plug my iPod in on an account there and copy my data and files from the ipod onto the netbook or I will lose everything, any help is appreciated,
Kye

Postby Achaziah » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:50 am

An iPod can be synced with only one iTunes account at a time. once you switched to a new iTunes account or a new computer. You have to authorize your iPod to it at first, then you can upload music and video from iPod to computer. you can refer to this guide that helped me before for how to transfer files from iPod to computer http://ipodiphoneipadtools.xanga.com/766...
Achaziah

Postby Osred » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:26 am

Nope not really. Because there is a process to go from ipod to computer, that you have to do while your computer is still working. This is why it is always ...always a good idea to backup your itunes library as shown here. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751

But don't threat just yet, when you do get a new computer, install itunes, then log into your account, go into the itunes store, click the purchases link it's to the right. And from there you can download any music, apps, videos and so on that you bought off of itunes, at no charge.
Osred

Postby Blaike » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:19 am

What you can do is when you sunc your ipod with your sisters computer it will say your ipod is synced with another computer from there you can press transfer purchases and put everything on your sisters computer so then you restore your ipod and transfer your atuff back to your ipod and voila your done!
Blaike

Return to Netbooks