Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Is there an easy way to create backwards video using Windows Live Movie Maker that doesn't include............?

Windows Live Discussion

Is there an easy way to create backwards video using Windows Live Movie Maker that doesn't include............?

Postby juro » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:21 pm

taking snapshots of video and placing them backwards and adding sound? That is annoying and tedious and doesn't have a desirable effect really. I want a method that actually works and that I don't have to pay for or download anything for. If WLMM doesn't work for this, is there a free thing that I CAN download that will work and be compatible with WLMM so I can edit the video and add music and stuff like that? I hope I'm not asking too much of you. Because honestly, they were ablest do it in the 60s without a problem, so why can't I? Thank you.
juro

Postby santo47 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Try Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 1 mo. free.
....right click on the video event in the timeline and choose Reverse. To mute the particular event, pull down the audio line on the audio event; then add another audio as replacement.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials/moviestudiope
santo47

Postby chizkia » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:42 pm

It wasn't any easier to reverse motion decades ago using film, razor blades and tape when you had to deal with video and audio tracks that were mastered on celluloid.

I don't know of any free editors that will reverse video - including WLMM or WMM.

The K-5 Reversal Tool is a simple program that is easy to use. It was designed to be used with Movie Maker's WMV files.
http://oakdome.com/k5/video-reversal-tool/K-5-video-reversal-tool.php

Split the section of video you want to reverse, import it into and process with the K-5 Tool, import it back into Movie Maker.
chizkia

Postby benaya13 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:46 pm

For basic editing, AVS Video Editor is a great choice: It's also free trial, so that's always nice.
benaya13

Return to Windows Live