Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

My System Has Registry Errors.help?

Avast Discussion

Postby Hartley » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:07 am

last year my system had virus in it.i downloaded avast and kaspersky but it deleted the registry file of my system.then i took it to a proffesional and he uploaded the system with windoes xp.now my system is showing some registry errors.so i tried to dowload programs like reg cure, error doctor from net but they all need a registration key .so is there any software which could clean and repair my registry errors with out purchasing it (i am from srinagar kashmir,curfew has been imposed here and i cant take it to any professional)
Hartley

Postby Nathair » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:52 am

OMG- Leave the registry ALONE!! That's the fastest way to ruin your computer! That's what updates are for, let the updates do that. The registry should NEVER be touched unless it's by a programmer or someone who knows very well what they are doing. And DON'T PAY attention to those useless ads that say "you need a registry cleaner". It's just a scam to implant spyware. Rule of thumb: If you can still LOCATE your registry, then your computer is O.K., because if anything were wrong with your registry you'd be in the middle of a disaster.
Nathair

Postby Burhdon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:48 pm

you could try going to www.filehippo.com and trying out some free programs

ccleaner

spybot search and destroy

there are also some free registry cleaner programs there...

but it sounds like the best thing to do would be to reformat and re-install XP, this can be tricky though, all your information will be lost and this includes drivers, so unless you have a system restore CD, you may not have sound, internet, modem, network, etc if you go this route...

if you have a way to back up all your personal info, and you know what your drivers are, the reformat will get it done, as i said, all your info will be lost if you do this so PLEASE get all your drivers backed up or downloaded first, find out for sure what model of modem, video, sound, motherboard, bios, network, etc, before you do this....

good luck
Burhdon

Postby kenny » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:47 pm

Sounds like this problem has been going on for awhile.
Here is an inexpensive fix.
Either take your harddrive and load it into someone else;s computer as a second harddrive and save all your data.

Or purchase another harddrive and load your operating system on it with the drivers and all your software.
Load the old Harddrive in as a second harddrive.
Do an antivirus check on the items you want to save.
Then transfer the data onto the new drive and format the old drive.

In the end you new a fresh install to fix your problem.
In the future use

Reset Point, so if you get a virus or have a problem you can restore the computer to an earlier date.

I have never had a virus in six years.
But then again I don't download movies and video on p2p software.
kenny

Postby Richmond » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:23 am

Go to: http://top3tvreviews.com/WhyIsMyComputerSlow.htm

This may help!
Richmond

Return to Avast