Welcome to TechForums.info!    Latest blog post: Samsung Galaxy S5: In-depth Review of Features and Expected Deals

Advertisments:

Switching from Verizon to Straight Talk...?

Android Discussion

Postby kano » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:21 am

I currently have an enV Touch with Verizon that is in it death throes. and I was looking for to get an Android phone. Seeing as Verizon is dead set on screwing me over, I decided that I want to switch to Straight Talk. Now, Straight Talk only has one Android phone available for purchase (which has questionable reviews), so instead I wanted to purchase an unlocked GSM Android phone and get a SIM card for it. How do I go about switching carriers and getting a SIM card for this phone while retaining my current number?
kano

Postby malyn83 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:21 am

I currently have an enV Touch with Verizon that is in it death throes. and I was looking for to get an Android phone. Seeing as Verizon is dead set on screwing me over, I decided that I want to switch to Straight Talk. Now, Straight Talk only has one Android phone available for purchase (which has questionable reviews), so instead I wanted to purchase an unlocked GSM Android phone and get a SIM card for it. How do I go about switching carriers and getting a SIM card for this phone while retaining my current number?
malyn83

Postby chelem » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:32 am

StraightTalkSIM.com to order your compatible sim (AT&T or T-Mobile), then you choose port your number and pay the $14.99 for the sim card and wait for it to arrive. However I would recommend porting it to Google Voice to get the phone number for life. See Google.com/Voice (Currently not compatible with MMS/Video Message/Picture Message.
chelem

Postby mariel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:40 am

StraightTalkSIM.com to order your compatible sim (AT&T or T-Mobile), then you choose port your number and pay the $14.99 for the sim card and wait for it to arrive. However I would recommend porting it to Google Voice to get the phone number for life. See Google.com/Voice (Currently not compatible with MMS/Video Message/Picture Message.
Buy the Straight Talk phone and airtime card. If you want an Android phone you have to buy a $45 unlimited talk, text and web airtime card.

Go to this page.
https://www.straighttalk.com/Activate

Choose the third option.
Activate my Straight Talk phone with a number transferred from another company.
Make sure to have your Verizon account number, pin number and contact information written down so it is easier to port your Verizon service to Straight Talk.

The Samsung Galaxy Proclaim will use Verizon towers for service. If you buy the Proclaim you will have the same service as you do with your current phone.

If you have any more questions message me and I will try to answer them the best I can.
mariel

Return to Android