Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Do I Still Have To Take This Pc Hardware Class?

PC Hardware Discussion

Postby Swintun » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:13 am

Hi, I am a college freshman and am doing good in all my classes except PC Hardware which I dont like anyway. I am pretty much failing that class with 5 weeks left. Um, I was wondering if I should just withdraw the class or pull my grade up for the remaining 5 weeks and pass it? Also, after fall quarter is over and winter quarter comes I noticed theres a PC hardware 2 class and a Comptia A+. Do i still have to take this class again next quarter or I can pick something else to swap that one. FYI, im on an AS level in Information Computing Studies. My real major is Game Design and Development and PC hardware has no significance to this i believe. Thanks for the taking the time to read this.
Swintun

Postby Vincente » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 am

that one dude with the paragraph is absolutely correct.

Hardware is dependent variable and Software is the independent variable.

Again, Games are software so you have to know what systems can do and handle so that you can write the program to the particular code of the video cards.

Also, when you take CompTia A+ you will learn hardware in that class too. Half the damn book is on hardware.

I took my test and I passed with flying colors but I will warn you, you must know you hardware and also how to solve worded problems to pass that test. Half of the stuff from the test is what you learned in the A+ class and the other half is applying it to everyday work as a technician.
Vincente

Postby Willem » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Oh wow...

1. You think that we have ANY idea what your school will allow you to do with prerequisites.

2. You think you can take an A+ or a second PC hardware class without knowing about PC hardware.

3. You want to go into computers, but flunk a hardware class.

4. You're going into game design and think that PC hardware has no bearing on it.

5. You're actually going into game design, the career of naive retards who somehow think they'll do something fun when the graduate instead of getting stuck in a 60+ hour a week job with crappy pay and lots of boring bitchwork, something the game industry is notorious for, especially with junior developers. That assumes you can find a job at all as there are WAY too many kids like you getting these toilet paper degrees and pigeonholing themselves into a narrow career field instead of getting a general CS degree with a broader skillset.

Just find a new major.
Willem

Postby Holdyn » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:39 pm

I am not a college student and have no idea if im correct, BUT I would say Computer Gaming Design and computer Hardware go together like peanut butter and jelly. You WILL need to know and learn this information. You will never understand why its lagging or what you need to upgrade or whats failing or anything detailed about whats going on inside. I believe to be comptia A+ you need to know these basics anyways. Hardware is VERY simple so I suggest you bring your grade up and pass it. Besides who wants a failing grade, with the possibility to have to retake the class that you hate. :p Stick it out!
Holdyn

Postby colfre » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:17 pm

If you are going to take Comptia A+ you need this class. You have to have an idea about memory in hardware to do games and graphic design.
colfre

Postby Camdene » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:16 am

I like PC hardware class.
Camdene

Postby Vincenzio » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:07 am

dont be a ***** just finish the class its not hard at all its ******* hardware it all helps with game design anyway
Vincenzio

Postby Morrey » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:23 am

Hi Jaime P

you are wrong here lad, it has the biggest bearing on what you want to achieve.

so what's the issue the motherboard has a central processor with a bridge chip which controls most of the Peripherals and the rest is all child's play.

do some reading Scott Muller's book on building and operating PCs is a good idea for you to have.

the internal structure of the computer will help more than anything with what you want to master.

it should be your constant companion no wand in your future.

understand how the thing works first then when it comes to to some more complex programming you will see i was right on the money,

anything which has to be learn-ed makes a real difference.
Morrey

Return to PC Hardware