Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Spanish In The Fall, Help?

Audio & Video Software

Postby Gib » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:53 pm

In my experience, immersion is the best way to learn, with a little help from grammar practice and dictionaries.

I worked in a restaurant with a lot of Mexican employees, who were more than happy to practice Spanish with me (so long as I returned the favor by practicing English with them!). I found this more effective than the twice weekly Spanish class at my university, because it forced me to practice in an unscripted situation.

1. Watch the news in Spanish. This is a good exercise because you will always have a context. Watch the film as you listen to the story. 2. Watch Spanish-language films. You can read the subtitles and listen at the same time. 3. Eavesdrop. When you hear people speaking in Spanish try to understand what they are saying to each other. 4. Be fearless. When you are in a setting in which you can use your Spanish just do it. Most Spanish-speakers are glad to help and happy you are trying. 5. Look for things written in Spanish in your home (e.g. instructions for appliances) and see how much you understand. This is a good way to learn new vocabulary. 6. Be patient and take your time and don't expect to be perfect straight away. Learning a new language should be attempted in small, manageable steps. Congratulate yourself on progress made and try to steer clear of making unrealistic targets. 7. Organize your work and yourself. We have all heard this before but it's probably the most important aspect of learning a language. There are almost too many useful resources out there and there is a real danger you get overloaded with paper, notes, books and go round in circles. After every lesson make sure you review everything you learn and understand it. Then do it again. Afterwords, organize everything in a way that you understand. There is nothing more frustrating than consistently searching for the vital piece of information in amongst hundreds of sheets of paper.

The Rosetta Stone is in my opinion the best way to learn a foreign language short of actually going to the country itself. In some communities, the public library has a subscription, thus making it free to library members. If you have the time and the money to study abroad you should really consider one of the hundreds of language schools around the world for a Spanish Immersion course. Good resources include Transitions abroad and Via Spanish.

Online translation

There are services on the Web (like Google) where you can translate English to Spanish. The sentences, paragraphs and even entire Web pages can be translated using these services. And for free. This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn Spanish translating the English text in Spanish. Of course, this applies only to written Spanish, and translation is not considered high quality.

Web site

Websites often provide free lessons in Spanish, oral and written. Often have entire courses available on the site covering various topics such as time, facilities or medicine. Of course, you will probably have to pay to get in-depth education.

The best is saved for last. Internet courses available covering written and spoken Spanish. They usually include ebooks, audio files and interactive games all in one package to help you learn Spanish quickly. You can not totally dominate the language using an online course, but you sure will take many useful phrases that you can use the next time you want to converse in Spanish.
Gib

Postby Shiraz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:57 pm

The other answer pretty much covered it..all I have to add is to not be afraid to speak up in class. Making flashcards helps a ton for vocabulary. Also, switching your facebook to spanish.
Shiraz

Postby Camden » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:14 am

Estoy caiendo por ti. Translation: I'm falling for you. Or Te quiero mucho.Translation: I love you
Camden

Return to Audio & Video