Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sound Through Hdmi Cable?

PC Hardware Discussion

Postby Kalvin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:44 pm

I am trying to activate the sound on HDMI cable, I have already Installed all the necessary drivers, and the sound is working through the 3.5mm jack, but when I am trying to do the same throught the HDMI , in the sound properties, I dont get the option to change to HDMI , as it happens with other computers.

All drivers are installed and realtek software is also preinstalled.
Kalvin

Postby Delmore » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Same thing happens to myself, some televisions are not capable to reading sound from hdmi (cheaper samsung televisions, some LG) where as top of the market television have it built in (Panasonic, expensive samsung televisions)
Delmore

Postby Onslow » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:50 am

Every computer I have ever used would not transmit sound through the HDMI port.
That is because the sound and video are separate sources (video card and sound card), where the audio and video signals from an antenna or cable tv connection is embedded together.
To get sound from the computer, you will need to use additional cables depending on the output connections of your computer.
Onslow

Postby Rylan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:23 pm

I agree with issue with either PC or less likely cable.
What OS/hardware/vidcard? Have you ever had HDMI audio work with this PC? Using this cable/video card? In device manager any unknown hardware or items with ? or !?

Just to rule out the cable, try using it with another device/computer.

I have had a cheap 1st gen hdmi cable not be recognized by pc for audio.

Just like with headphones Win 7 (and I'm sure 8) device and options doesn't show up until plugged in.

Other than that I'd try going to your video adapter support page and check out their support forums and confirm you have the latest drivers

If nothing found, in device manager uninstall the drivers for your video card, and scan for hardware changes so it reinstalls (May require a reboot between uninstall/rescan if XP or older)
Rylan

Return to PC Hardware