Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Sony Bravia Volume Control Unresponsive With Other Remotes Otherwise Successfully Programmed For Tv?

HDTV Discussion

Sony Bravia Volume Control Unresponsive With Other Remotes Otherwise Successfully Programmed For Tv?

Postby Rashane » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:44 am

My mother has a Sony Bravia HDTV connected to Comcast Cable. I have managed to program both the Comcast DVR remote and a universal remote to turn the TV on/off and other functions BUT, for volume control the TV only responds to the remote provided with the TV. The Cable mode on the other remotes show a change in the volume display, but no actual change in volume.

Anyone else have this issue? Any solutions?

Thank you.
Rashane

Postby Osburt » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 am

Good afternoon!

This is Kevin Krause with the Sonylistens Team.
I am very sorry to read about the problems that you are having getting your remote control to work with your Bravia TV.
If you call our Bravia support line at 239-768-7547 they will be more than happy to try and help you resolve your issues.

Thank you,

Kevin Krause

Sonylistens Team
Osburt

Postby Heort » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:54 pm

Is your sound being played through the TV speakers or through another speaker system? If it is through another system, then you need to program the universal remote with that system.
If it is playing directly through the TV speakers, then there should be a list of universal codes for Sony TV models, and you should try using another code from the list.
Heort

Return to HDTV